Florida-Central Florida

Evening Wedding at Catholic Church

Hi!

I was just wondering if any of you have found a Catholic Church in Orlando that allows Saturday evening weddings?  The church that I really wanted only offers weddings on Saturday at 10:00, 12:00, and 2:00. :(

Thanks!

Megan

Re: Evening Wedding at Catholic Church

• Knowles chapel at Rollins does evening services, but it's not strictly catholic. You can have basically any denomination there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • So would I just have to find a priest?
  • Megan, it's definitely easier if you have your own priest!
  • The Church keeps its normal Sat. mass schedule.  But as a wedding photographer, I love the 2:00 time.  Ceremony at 2:00, finishes at 3:00, pictures until 4:00 - then driving time to reception venue, a few pictures there, reception time for your guests is at least 1 hour, and then you enter relaxed and excited to be announced to your guests! You walk in and go into your first dance!  (I have photographed weddings all over the East Coast of the US and in some areas, like New Orleans and Charleston, there is several hours between the wedding and reception.  Many of the guests go out for drinks while others change.

Good Luck!
    Margaret
    Margaret Lanier Photography

In Response to <a href="http://orlando.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_evening-wedding-at-catholic-church-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:403462fa-fc73-4a84-aad2-30f06a13c8abPost:4055e1c8-7577-4a95-a326-7c166b87f3e6">Evening Wedding at Catholic Church</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I was just wondering if any of you have found a Catholic Church in Orlando that allows Saturday evening weddings?  The church that I really wanted only offers weddings on Saturday at 10:00, 12:00, and 2:00. :( Thanks! Megan
    Posted by Megan82687[/QUOTE]
  • I do not know the ruling for Catholic Priests performing the ceremony outside the church.  I have not met one that was given permission. Maybe someone has a suggestion. 

Margaret

In Response to <a href="http://orlando.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_evening-wedding-at-catholic-church-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:403462fa-fc73-4a84-aad2-30f06a13c8abPost:ee8df1bc-43af-4a3c-a16a-ba3043682a45">Re: Evening Wedding at Catholic Church</a>:
    [QUOTE]Megan, it's definitely easier if you have your own priest!
    Posted by ChristineEleven[/QUOTE]
  • Megan,
    There are priests who will marry you outside the church service but your marriage will not be recognized officially by the Catholic Church. I have looked myself and I have found no alternative to a church wedding that will be recognized, as I do not want to get married "twice".
    Some parishes will allow you to have your wedding during the Saturday evening mass as part of the service but you will not be able to pick any of your own readings or music as you have to follow the liturgy as usual. My fiance and I ended up moving our wedding to a Friday evening in order to get around this, still have an evening wedding and have it recognized by the church. Here's a website I stumbled upon and found helpful.

http://floridaweddingofficiants.net/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards