Florida-Central Florida

Loooooong overdue -- vendor reviews & wedding wrap up

I have been procrastinating on posting vendor reviews because I wanted to post them in conjunction with my wedding-wrap up site.  Now that I have 95% of that site finished and have my reviews written I am ready.  

Sorry this took over six months.  Warning: vendor reviews are lengthy as I'm a detailed and wordy person.  I was also hoping the situation with Leigh Taylor Photography would have improved before posting but regretfully they have not even replied to a single email I've sent (there are many... voicemails too).  So if you're bored or want to see how badly they treat clients... read away.  It's very LONG.

jeannie ♥ harry {05.01.10}
married bio with vendor reviews
planning bio

Re: Loooooong overdue -- vendor reviews & wedding wrap up

• edited December 2011
    could you share a website/contact info for your cocktail hour musicians?
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear about your disppointment with your photographer.  Its strange and very ironic...earlier today I read about another bride on the knot and her complaints about the same photographer, that I had to check to make sure it wasn't the same person.  Unfortunately, that is now two brides that had terrible experiences with the same photographer.  Good luck with that outcome and your wedding looked amazing.  I have the same colors btw :)  enjoy married life!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear what happened to you with Leigh Taylor. That is truly awful.  I really do hope she goes out of business. She has no right to ruin people's weddings and charge so much.  I hope you at least get the album you paid for from her.  Also, how were you allowed to have strapless bridesmaid's dresses  and bridal gown at St. Margaret Mary?  They seem so strict there.  I was sure they would have the stupid cover your shoulders rule.  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, have you posted the Leigh Taylor review to all of the wedding review sites?  I hope you do.  Honestly, if I were you, I would make personally sure that she goes out of business.  
  • edited December 2011
    There have been multiple brides with complaints - but I can only speak for myself.  I am pretty sure I know which knottie you are referring to though.  She was a big help to me keeping me sane through all of the aftermath.  
    I just posted basically the same review on Wedding Wire and filed with the BBB.  She is not listed on the Wedding Channel.  Any other place you can recommend?
    I am trying to be fair, but this treatment is unacceptable.  We did get some amazing shots.  I was 75% satisfied with the pictures - but for what we paid I should have been 220% thrilled! It's sad that her talent is overshadowed by awful business practices.  
    About the cocktail hour musicians -- I spoke with Mike Brindle to set everything up.  His number is 813-240-5412  and email is mike.brindle@gmail.com.  This is a side job for him so if his voicemail says something else do not be alarmed.  
    No issues with SMM at all regarding any of our dresses.  They ask that you be tasteful... but that's it.  They seem strict, but we didn't have any issues with it.   Maybe I was so used to it because I went to school there.  :)
    planning bio
  • ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't read all your reviews because the pictures are in the middle of the text! Any idea how I can view them all? I tried using a different browser and it was the same. 
  • edited December 2011
    oh crud... I'll have to fix it tonight at home.  It pulled up fine at home... but at work like you say the pictures are in the way! Urgh. thanks for letting me know.
    planning bio
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think there's wedding bee too and also the knot has reviews now and if she's not on the wedding channel i'm pretty sure there's a link to add her.  
  • edited December 2011
    okay... i think it's fixed now.  What a pain! :)
    planning bio
  • aleznoffaleznoff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are a beautiful bride with great taste!  I love what you designed!  Where did you get those frames?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's so sweet - thank you! My mom and found all of those frames at Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Homegoods.  I miss shopping for the wedding.  :)
    planning bio
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I never put my reviews up because I waited so long. LOL

I'm sorry that you had a hard time with ceratin vendors, and I hope it all gets resolved soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards