Florida-Central Florida
Options

Aw: Checks!

I went shopping with my girls on Sunday and they all found a dress they liked! I let the girls pick their own style dress as long as it was tea-length and navy blue.

They picked the dresses below and will pair them with silver shoes of their choice. It looks awesome.

Also, finished designing my wedding map for the invites (click the pictures to make them bigger!). The best part: it was free but it took me a long time to get the margins exactly right for printing

Re: Aw: Checks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it all!!!!!
    That's great that they were all able to find styles good for their bodies.
    How did you make the map? It is WONDERFUL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome to both! The dresses look like they will work well together and the map looks great! Congrats on getting stuff done.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    looove those dresses-i want my girls to do the same thing-but in a purple--can you tell me who makes those dresses?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies! Glad you liked the map and dresses :)

For MLHARBIS: The map was actually really easy! There is no need to pay someone $100+ to make one of these (unless of course you want something really, really fancy). All I did was go to Google Maps, type in the address, zoom in  on the section of the map that I wanted (for my venue, Google did not have it mapped correctly so make sure you pay attention to that too) and then printed it from my computer. I  then used a thinner piece of paper to lay on top of the printed  map and then I traced the map by hand. After I was done tracing I scanned the image back into the computer, added in some text and marker points in adobe photoshop, saved it as a .jpeg and then brought it in Microsoft Word for resizing and setting margins. Hope that helps!

For SARCASM: We got the dresses at David's Bridal. At first I wanted to stay away, but it was hard to find a place that had the exact same shade of blue that I wanted in different styles and materials. The girls luckily found what they wanted at David's Bridal and I was very happy about that knowing the blue will be the same all the way around. It looks really neat, and I'm glad I let them do it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    your map looks GREAT!  I am working on mine right now (lots of work, for real!)

I love the dresses, too.  My girls picked the last one that you have there. Our color is Horizon (Orlando Magic Blue, lol)

Great checks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cute dresses!  My girls are wearing different dresses as well, but they are all eggplant chiffon floorlength dresses.
  • Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually wore that last one for a friend's wedding.  The map looks great!
  • Options
    Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cool map and I love the bridesmaids dresses.  We will likely do something similar because my bridesmaids have very different body types and I like the girls to have their own personality too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards