Florida-Central Florida

Arthur's Catering Pricing & Bok Tower Contracted Vendor Pricings/Reviews

Has anyone used Arthur's catering? Can you give me an idea of pricing (which is more affordable) for buffet vs. plated? Recommendations? I'd love to stay at or below $40/plate including tax/gratuities.

OR - if you've used/are using Bok Tower Gardens as your reception venue, what are some of the vendors you're using - can you give me an idea of your pricing?

Really want this place to be our place, but fi won't let me book until we have an idea of vendor pricing across the board... :)

Re: Arthur's Catering Pricing & Bok Tower Contracted Vendor Pricings/Reviews

• edited December 2011
    We are using Arthur's as our caterer - they are really great! We are having a seated dinner with three options and all three options are under $40 which is inclusive of 3 passed hors d'oeuvres. That does not include tax and gratuity, but I was recommended by friends to use Arthur's and we all had different budgets (and different meal styles - family style, buffet, seated).

My suggestion would be to let them know up front that you want to keep the cost under $40 including gratuity and tax. They will let you know your meal options and choices. For example, you may want to serve a chicken, vegetarian or pork to your guests versus filet mignon or sea bass to cut costs.

Hope this helps!
  • mdd123082mdd123082 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That helps immensely. Thank you so much and good luck!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for helping answer my questions regarding Arthur's! If you wouldn't mind, do you know if they also hold a liquor license to serve alcohol? I don't mean to be nosy, but if you're using them for alcohol also, what are the prices like per head?

Thanks again!
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do know that if you ask, Arthur's will work with you on pricing for alcohol. They've let people provide their own alcohol and they serve it. So, that's a big way to save some money too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome! Thanks so much! Any recommendations on food selections?
    We haven't tasted a thing and everything sounds amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Arthurs.  Although the food itself comes to 37.00 a person for our selections, once you count in servers, bartender, chef, china, etc. it comes to 62.50 a person.(not including tax and gratuity).  A considerable difference, but we decided food would be where we went over budget!
      They are letting us provide our own alcohol which helps A LOT, and if you watch Groupon you can get great deals on wine!! Also, Mywinesdirect.com has a coupon code: CALLDJ where you save 20 off any order and get free shipping.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Arthur's and LOVED them on our first meeting.  They let you provide your own alcohol and are a bit pricy but very mcuh worth it.  I have never read a bad review about them.

Also went to my best friends wedding at Bok Towers back in November.  They used Terry Lob (sp?) and it was not worth the money.  They made many mistakes which really upset my friend.  They set the bar up in the wrong place, forgot there was going to be a champane toast, the food wasn't great AND I had to track them down half way through the night to get them to refil the water because we had nothing to drink.  In the end they were really disapointed which is not something you want on your wedding day.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    That's another reason we liked Arthur's - they let us provide our own alcohol which really helps on cutting costs.Basically, you can bring your alcohol to their office 3 days in advance, and they will deliver and set up with everything else. They will also include all the bar essentials - stirrers, straws, garnishes, etc.

If you use them for alcohol, the price is inflated, but not to the point where it is unreasonable, unlike some other caterers.

Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    We just used Arthur's catering for our wedding this past Sat Feb 26th and they were BEYOND incredible! We had so many compliments from our guests saying they never been to a wedding with food that actually tasted so amazing. My husband and I actually got to taste all our signature drinks, appetizers, and dinner and it was phenomenal! I cannot stress enough how great Arthur's is. They work with any budget and will make your wedding amazing. They offer linens, they do allow to to buy your own alcohol (we bought all our own beer and wine!) and we did something called a "Family Style" Dinner which is a mix of buffet and seated/plated dinner. Your guests can remain seated at their tables to eat but the food guests placed at each table an passed around (kind of like Olive Garden/Buca De Peppo-ish) So guests choose their portions, what they want and don't want to eat and you get larger selections for cheaper then full on plated!! It was a hit!!

They waiters were super professional as well it was perfect =)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there. I just spoke with someone from Arthurs... Kind of like a pre consultation and she said they start their seated dinners around $58 pp and the buffets around 48 pp... They were extremely nice and I am going to go ahead and make an actual consultation to talk in person with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards