Florida-Central Florida

Traveling after getting married

Hey all....I plan to change my name after we get married, which is 10/23. How fast will I be able to go through all this? The reason I am wondering is because we are looking to buy flights to Michigan for Christmas, and I dont know what I should put for my last name...Any ideas?

Re: Traveling after getting married

• Blonde407Blonde407 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should be fine putting the tickets in your married name.  When we got back from our honeymoon our marriage license was in the mail (so took less than a week to get back)... I went that Mon. and got my new drivers license... went that Wed. and got my new SS card... that Thursday I got all my credit cards, home bills, rewards cards and other little things changed over (most will let you fax over your marriage license and will change it)... and then once I got all that stuff done I mailed in my passport and marriage license and got my new passport and my marriage license back within a week.  So really it only took about 1.5-2 weeks to get EVERYTHING changed over... and I had ALOT of things to change lol.
    **Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michigan should be fine, it's if you're traveling out of the Country and need to change your passport that would take the longest and probably cause problems.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    Even for a passport you can show them your passport & your marriage lisence & it is fine. (At least that's what the cruiseline told us) think about people going on honeymoons, they don't have time to get everything changed. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For your honeymoon... you shouldn't book in anything other than your maiden name if you are going a couple of days after your wedding because you don't get your marriage license till after about a week after your wedding therefore you wouldn't have your marriage license to show.

First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Jessica- I can't remember if it was you a while ago that said you had a name change worksheet/checklist to make sure you didn't forget anything. If thats you will you e-mail it to me: mlharbis@olemiss.edu?

Thanks!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sent :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!!!!!
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm... my marriage certificaqte took like 3-4 weeks to get back to us.  I don't know if that's normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards