Florida-Central Florida
Options

AW: Wedding band ordered! (and question)

YESSS!!! About damn time. :D

Now we need to find FI's band. He wants a tungsten carbide band - any ideas about where to look? He hates IDC and all of the jewelers in the malls so that's not an option.

Also, on TK's to-do list, it says something about sending bands for engraving. Do you have to do that? Do a lot of people do it, or is that just an if-ya-want kind of thing?

Re: AW: Wedding band ordered! (and question)

• Options
    BananaMustangBananaMustang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say that "engraving your bands" is an "If-ya-want" kind of thing..... definitely not something you HAVE to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  Thats entirely up to you and your FI if you want to engrave or not.  DH and I did not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't, maybe because I wanted to engrave bayboolicious on his. It a pet name, but he wasn't going for it. For us, it's just anther expense that we didn't really have to do. We do have engraved watches that we've had for several yeas, so we do at least have something engraved. 

As for looking at rings, if you don't mind online, try blue nile, or overstock, I've heard of people using them. We got my husband's band at a a local jeweler, I wanted tungsten, but we ended up with titanium. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that it is up to you if you want to engrave your rings.  I was thinking of having FI's engraved.  Of course I may change my mind by then...

Maybe try Portfolio in Lake Mary.  That is where I am thinking of getting our bands from.  I think they may have tungsten.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Uh wtf, who is brownhenry? LOL what is TK doing with these boards??

Thanks for the rec Megs. We will likely order his ring online, but I just need someplace to take him to try some on. He won't set foot into an IDC ever again because when we went looking for my e-ring we went there and they called him a billion times after that. Why he didn't just tell them 'no thanks' is beyond me.... whatev!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got my engagement ring from Marks  & Morgan. They had some really nice bands for men. You could give them a try! :)
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  We just got our wedding bands this week too and it's nice to have that checked off :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sharonskye, I must have missed your comment before - ROFL that was hysterical! You should have done it anyway. ;)
  • Options
    sunflowr0803sunflowr0803 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa, we got DH's ring from titaniumkay.com - they had tungsten rings.
    ? Kristen & Austin ~ Married 07.04.09 ? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI just ordered his band from worldjewels.com they had a big selection of gold but I'm not sure how much titanium/tungsten they had but its a neat online store!  Very affordable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards