Florida-Central Florida

would it be too early

We are planning to go to Ireland for our honeymoon, and although flights are not open for our time frame yet, they will be in about 2 weeks. Looking at flights in the two weeks before ours, they are currently about $600 each with taxes.

Would it be too early and crazy for us to book when it opens, anyone know if this is a decent price? Also, anyone know if US Air has a price drop refund?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
225 image Invited
127 image Making the Trip
98 image Missing out
0 image MIA
RSVP date February 19th

Re: would it be too early

• edited December 2011
    You could book them through a travel agent or a travel website that has a price guarantee, that way it's not a risk :)
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That doesn't sound very pricey to me.  I flew to Italy 7 years ago and we got out flights for just under $500 (I think $490s if I recall correctly).  I remember my travel agent saying that was an AMAZING price and we should book immediately!  She said anything under $600 was great and anything under $500 was amazing!  And that was 7 years ago when prices were a lot lower.  You may want to talk to a travel agent to verify, because I could be wrong, but I think that sounds like a really good price!
  • edited December 2011
    That does sound like a really good deal. Like Amanda said, book with somewhere that has a price guarantee.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it's wrong to book early, as long as you talk to a travel agent for some advise....

but on a sidenote....

hi Meghan. :) Congrats, again!

Teresa
    (from work!)
  • edited December 2011
    Hah, scratch that. I totally for a minute thought you were ANOTHER Meghan McAdams. (sp?). Small world. 

Or rather, not very small considering you aren't the person I thought. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies, one of our friends is getting married in a month and they are heading to Italy and their flights are $1200 each! As soon as we can we are booking via the Bank of Momr, so she gets the miles.

Theresa, you know another Meghan McAdams down here!? That is craziness!! You got married at Mary Mag though right? That's where we go/are getting married.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards