Florida-Central Florida
Options

Poll: First Dance

So FI and I are having trouble agreeing on our first dance song.  So I wanna hear what everyone else....

What song are/did you dance to?

Re: Poll: First Dance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We danced to Your Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. It's been our song since very early in our relationship so it was a no-brainer for us. I also really liked Hey There Delialah and God Blessed the Broken Road.
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to dance to Two Drops in the Ocean.  It is a 311 song from the newest album.  FI is a huge 311 fan and he said when he heard this song it made him think of us and he started to tear up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're dancing to Invincible by Muse - it's a little different and we'll have to edit some, but FI loves it and it just seems to fit us. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI picked out "All That Really Matters" by Richie Sambora

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we'll be dancing to something by Harry Connick, Jr. or Ella Fitzgerald or something in that genre. Still gotta pick!
  • Options
    cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fi and I are leaning towards "At Last" but we may find something else...dont know yet
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours is "Then" by Brad Paisley
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we danced to Come What May from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're considering "This years love" by David Gray or "Everything" by Michael Buble..still not sure..I think "Then" by Brad Paisley will be our last couple dance since I love it but FI hates country!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Brad Paisley!!

Still not sure what we are using though. If we use Brad then it is between "Little Moments" and "She's Everything."  FI's favorite band is Bayside and I love them too. Only one of their songs would really work though.  Uh the choices!  I can't decide either. Frown
  • Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we're doing "So Close" by Jon McLaughlin.

I also liked
    "We Are Man and Wife" by Michelle Featherstone,
    "Falling in Love At a Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg,
    "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys,
    and "The Book of Love" by Peter Gabriel

• Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're doing a cover of a Beatles song, I Will sung by a duet called Tuck and Patti. She sings a sultry alto voice and he does classical guitar. 
  • Options
    SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm, I'm gonna have to check out all these songs in ITunes.  He keeps throwing out "How deep is your love"  by the BeeGee's!!  I told him we could cut the cake to that!! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *gag* I hate the BeeGee's - lol! FI hates the Beach Boys, so I have a feeling that time period will not be represented at our wedding...!

I've been taking notes, though... you guys are bringing up some great stuff!
  • Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bird and The Bee do a version of "How Deep is Your Love" that's a little different, but not so high pitched, if you like the song, but nto the Bee-Gee's. It might be a little sleepy though...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are dancing to Mae's "The Sun and the Moon" ...it's reallay perfect for us becuase on our very first date he played it for me and told me that it was the song he wanted to dance to @ his wedding, lol! Who'd have thought!

We have also thought to dance to "Hazards of Love (part 4)" by The Decemberists. While it is a sad song, it's one of the most romantic love songs ever written. In my opinion.

I like a lot of the songs suggested here! Especially ones that are different, like Muse and RJA.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards