Florida-Central Florida
Options

Menu dilemma...

Good morning all!! I am originally from Florida. I miss home sometimes so bad that I can feel the sand beneath my feet but can't move back home due to medical reasons.
Long story short I was wondering if it would be too much if I had Key Lime pie as a dessert along with the wedding cake of course. Do you guys have any idea on what I can do, food wise, as to incorporate Florida into the food...?

Re: Menu dilemma...

• Options
    kbiggs11kbiggs11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Pie and cake will equal a lot of uneaten dessert. Maybe you can find a baker that does key lime filling or a coconut cake. You could also have a signature drink to incorporate FL like a margarita or mojito.
  • Options
    I think Cake and Pie could be a great dessert course, as I know that not everyone likes cake and not everyone likes pie.  I think the trick is finding the right portion sizes and number of portions to make it work. 

I do like the idea of the flavor of the cake being  "beachy".  Depending on how much you want to add in, you can do beachy flavors in your entrees and salads as well, citrus flavors I think help that like mandarin oranges in the salad or a pineapple marinaded chicken breast. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards