Florida-Central Florida
Options

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, Orlando. Opinions!!

Hi guys, we have been looking around a bit more for a new ceremony/reception location since the Omni fell through and so far we like the look of the Hyatt Regency. I have been in touch with the events coordinator and she seems really helpful so far.

I'm just wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel as a regular guest/wedding guest or even better as a bride and what were your opinions?

Any advice is greatly appreciated
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, Orlando. Opinions!!

• Options
    kenzie.lee.85kenzie.lee.85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed there a while back and its really nice now that they redid the rooms. The food in the restaurants was really expensive for what it was but that is to be expected. They have a really good pool, and lots of outdoors stuff too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bridal consultant who works there is a total bitch in my opinion. When we went to meet with her, I was really excited and she just had an attitude problem.  She was late then hurried us then didn't want to show us the inside room where we would be if the cocktail hour could not be outside.  Then she was really impatient with all of my questions and she made a rude judgment call about my husband and I saying that he must not make any decisions and he should have more opinions.  He just didn't care that much about the wedding stuff.  He just wanted to get married.  When she told us it was she who would be present to assure everything went well on our wedding day that sealed the deal that we would not go with them.  
  • Options
    irishfoxirishfox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_hyatt-regency-grand-cypree-orlando-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:60ee9ca7-dd09-4d59-831e-f1d1b3378814Post:79bb1da7-d86c-48c0-9299-e60313a7dde8">Re: Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, Orlando. Opinions!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it is the girl I met Theresa, I have to agree with you.  I met her briefly at the bridal show and she seemed to come off that way.  She also wasn't very knowlegdeable about her competition as she has some information wrong.  I have a meeting coming up with them so I will be able to tell more then. Beautiful venue however, gorgeous ceremony and reception locations!  It is in my top 3! 
    Posted by bumbblebe[/QUOTE]

Bumbblebe if you could possibly give me as much info as humanly possible when you do have your meeting I would really appreciate it. We're in Ireland and unfortunately wont be able to visit any potential venues until late next year and maybe not even then so I have to rely on reviews from people like ye guys to help guide me.

I have looked at a million pictures/videos on the internet and it looks gorgeous, excatly what we are looking for but if, at the end of the day, the coordinator is not up to scratch I will spend the entire time worrying.

I have spoken to the events coordinator several times and she seems amazing at her job and a really nice person to deal with but she is the events coordinator, not the wedding coordinator who as you know is the one I will have the most dealings with.

Sorry for the long post ladies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Irish fox, I met with her a year ago. I know it was the same lady again at a bridal show in FEb but it could be someone new by now. Go with your gut feeling.

Best things about them is that they offer restaurant choices meaning your guests choose what they want to eat while they're at the wedding and order off of a menu.  

The ceremony and cocktail locations are both outdoors.  If it rains, you're screwed because she said she would put us in some sort of meeting room or ballroom which she refused to show us.  Both outdoor locations are gorgeous.  You have a choice of two different restaurants in which to have your reception.  One of them is all white and has a very low ceiling.  It has a white tiled floor with a large white piano in the center and a low chandelier.  I liked the piano and the white look but I didn't like the low ceilings or that the room seemed small and separated into sections.  Also, the DJ couldn't be right next to the dance floor.

The other restaurant has a three story high ceiling and is majestic with a gigantic fountain and beautiful views.  What I didn't like about it was that there is a second floor "balcony" from the main lobby and anyone could just look down on your wedding and see in so it's not very private.  They said they would have people at the top of the spiral staircase leading into it to keep crashers out but still it seemed easy for people to crash the wedding.  I also didn't like that the railings and everything had gold trim but I'm picky like that.  
  • Options
    irishfoxirishfox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who was it that you met with? Was the wedding coordinator, i'm getting a little worried from what people are saying about her and would love to know what you thought
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    irishfoxirishfox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats great to hear, i'm glad you enjoyed the visit. I hope i'm not annoying you to much with all the questions but you have no idea how much I appreciate you taking the time to answer them for me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    how much was the hyatt quoting you? they quoted me 160 pp.. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks bumbblebe!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    irishfoxirishfox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dana1123- I totally agree with what bumbblebe has said. I've spoken to the events coordinator in the Hyatt on a number of occasions via phone and email and she has been more than accommodating with any questions I have had so far. In our initial phone coversation she worked out excatly what I was looking for and had no problem working around what I wanted. All this I had only enquired about maybe having our wedding there!!

I honestly can't talk her up enough and if you anything you want to ask feel free to PM me.

I have to say a big thank you to bumbblebe for answering all my questions so far (and the many to come) in such a patient manner, cheers again
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    irishfoxirishfox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whats F & B?? This was never mentioned to me either

Congratulations on picking your venue. You must be so relieved and excited!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    irishfoxirishfox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats good to know. I emailed them to clarify so just waiting on a response now. Here's hoping
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards