Florida-Central Florida

Help!

Hey ladies. I was wondering if any of you could give me a good referral on a florist. I want to find a florist that can work w/our floral budget. I live in Brevard County and have heard great things at Amanda's Florist & Thallo. I'm just worried that I am going to have a huge sticker shock. Eeeeek
October 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Help!

• edited December 2011
    Roses are Red, Christi has been great to work with  Smile
  • jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sheridan flowers... awesome work, ridiculously low prices.   (less than $600 for my entire wedding package.. which had a LOT of flowers)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I am going to have to check them out. I know it sounds silly, but I don't want to walk in and tell them my floral budget and get laughed at. Do you think that I could get all bouquets, buttonaires, and corsages, plus 2 floral arrangements for $1k? That is not set in stone, but I don't really want to spend more then that. :)
    October 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • nlovesj22nlovesj22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got quotes from both Amanda's Florist and Thallo, and they are pricey.  Amanda's seems a litlte more willing to work with you, if you tell them your budget.  I have heard Roses are Red is good also.  
  • edited December 2011
    I had a feeling that Thallo would be expensive. They do really pretty pieces, but my cake lady told me yesterday that they are the top wedding florist in Brevard...followed by Amanda's. Looks like we'll be paying a visit to Amanda's and roses are red. :)
  • jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_help-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:71c4b127-e40e-41cb-9146-4ec6e5d839e4Post:d0e03764-028a-428d-b4fa-011a9a8254aa">Re: Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies. I am going to have to check them out. I know it sounds silly, but I don't want to walk in and tell them my floral budget and get laughed at. Do you think that I could get all bouquets, buttonaires, and corsages, plus 2 floral arrangements for $1k? That is not set in stone, but I don't really want to spend more then that. :)
    Posted by Karla&Ryno[/QUOTE]

My quote from Sheridan was $583.09 (including tax).  I got:

-1 brides bouquet
    -10 bridesmaids bouquets
    -10 boutinears
    -petals for flower girls
    -60 daisies for my DIY centerpieces

Check her out.  She's wonderful.  She doesn't have a website.  She's been in business for 30+ years and doesn't advertise, she is all word of mouth.  I came across her because one of my bridesmaid's father is the police captain for Orange County and she does most of the police funerals.  She had done my friends wedding and her flowers were gorgeous.  Since then we've referred her to a bride who's wedding my fiance was shooting about 2 weeks ago and my fiance said they were "the most beautiful wedding arrangements he'd ever seen."

The woman is older.. she said she doesn't so this for the money anymore, she does it because it's what she loves.  Since she doesn't do advertising and her shop is in a small, old trailer, she is able to keep her overhead way down and therefore is able to do flowers at just over cost. 

The one thing my friend warned is not to be intimidated when we went in.  The trailer is very old looking and seems a bit run down from the outside.  Since the shop is small, it is pretty cluttered when you walk in.  She said, "don't judge a book by its cover, go with her, she's great and you'll love her."  We met her and we did love her and we did go with her, and ended up saving $700 on our flower budget!!!  Definitely check her out.  If you google her, her phone number will show up.  =)

Good luck!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! She sounds like an awesome florist! My mom & I will have to make a trip out to Orlando to see her. Thanks so much :)
  • edited December 2011
    i knew what i wanted, so i just sent an email saying "i need bouquet of X, Y, and Z flowers and some decoration for the ceremony, how much will that cost?" and i liked price--$100.

that was my approach to all my vendors, "i need this, are you available, and how much will it cost." if i didn't like the price and they were way off, i moved on to the next vendor. if their price was close, i asked if they could come closer to the price i wanted.
  • edited December 2011
    Nice tip Tasha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards