Florida-Central Florida
Options

Starting over with the dyeing shoes

I am running out of ideas.  I bought my bridesmaids shoes and no one will dye them for me!  Everyone either says that I didnt buy them at their store so they wont, or they are not the "dyeable" brand so they wont.  Any suggestions??

Re: Starting over with the dyeing shoes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you called Modern Bridal? The shoes do have to be 'dyeable' but not that brand name for a store to dye them. Modern Bridal dyes shoes for free if you buy them there, so I can't imagine they wouldn't dye yours with a reasonable charge. 
  • Options
    vlrindonevlrindone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just came from there. I was so excited when they told me that they could on the phone, but when I showed up and didnt have DYEABLE brand shoes she said that they wouldnt do it.  The shoes that i got are white and satin, so I cant imagine that they cant be dyed! :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone mentioned before a store in Lake Mary that will do it.

Anyone remember the store?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think the shoes have to be dyeable. its not a brand, its a style. The fabric has to not have been treated with a finisher or whatever in order for the dye to adhere and penetrate the fabric correctly. Just because they are plain white satin doesnt mean that they are dyeable. If they have a sheen to them and are not a matte satin they are most likely not dyeable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_starting-over-dyeing-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:746ff7d8-c753-4f9c-a524-fb6b3c6895d6Post:fb6efa96-5551-481b-863e-a7d45ea0e23f">Re: Starting over with the dyeing shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think the shoes have to be dyeable. its not a brand, its a style. The fabric has to not have been treated with a finisher or whatever in order for the dye to adhere and penetrate the fabric correctly. Just because they are plain white satin doesnt mean that they are dyeable. If they have a sheen to them and are not a matte satin they are most likely not dyeable.
    Posted by mlharbis[/QUOTE]

<div>This is what I was trying to get across before. Also, Meghan, if you're thinking of The Bootery, they're getting out of shoe dyeing. I bought one of their last pair of dyeable shoes and I realised after I got home that they must have been sitting there for a while, because the insoles are coming apart a little bit. Ah well. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards