Florida-Central Florida
Options

Reception Help... Orlando Science Center, Orange County History Center, or Orlando Museum of Art

Hey ladies.. I'm new here, just got engaged over the weekend!! :) I was just curious if anyone had any experience or information about either the Orlando Science Center, Orange County History Center, or Orlando Museum of Art as a venue. Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you. :)

Re: Reception Help... Orlando Science Center, Orange County History Center, or Orlando Museum of Art

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations! Got a first name we can call ya by? No way am I gonna remember all those numbers. ;)

I don't have any first-hand experience with any of those places as wedding venues, but I've been to OMA and OSC a few times and they're great places. The rooftop of OSC is supposed to be a very striking setting for a wedding reception.

Can you tell us more about what you and your FI are envisioning? I don't know much about costs for those places, but may want to look into that if it'll be a factor for you, as I think OMA is pricier than OSC. Wish I could be of more help, but I bet the other girls on here will have plenty to add as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The name is Becky, forgot to add that one ;) Thanks for the warm welcome! Honestly I'm pretty open to anything right now... my fiancee (so nice to finally say that after three years!) and I just want something really unique and memorable, not you're every day wedding- which is why I thought one of those locations might make a nice setting. It's funny you mentioned the rooftop because that is what I am in LOVE with about OSC! I don't plan to do much "planning" until I finish this last semester in school before the Summer... but I'd like to get some ideas and possibly book out date at a venue because I know it can be difficult to set a date at a lot of places.
  • Options
    ericak926ericak926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Becky!
    My FI and I also wanted something unique and not the run of the mill kinda wedding venue. I checked out Orange County History Center and wasn't all that thrilled with it. It reminded me of a small ballroom at a hotel. The second place we checked out was Casa Feliz (www.casafeliz.us) Pretty Parula is also getting married there in April!
    Another really nice place in the Orlando/ Winter Park area that I like is the Historic Dubsdread (http://www.taproomatdubsdread.com/).
    I saw pictures from the Musuem of Art and it looked awesome but I've never been there.
    Good Luck and Happy Planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help! I've been to the history center, but not when considering it for a wedding venue... so I have no idea how it would work there, but the pictures looked nice. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out. I liked Casa Feliz a lot from the website, but it would probably be too small for the number of people (fiance has a HUUUGE family). I'll check out Dubsdread- thank you! :)
  • Options
    Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!  We had the same problem...loved Casa Feliz, but it was just too small as FI family is gigantic.  :(  That said, we are getting married at Dubsdread in Oct and everything has gone really well so far.  Let me know if I can answer any questions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When you go look at Dubsdread eat there and order the crabcakes!  They are so so so good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have appointments at Dubsdread. OSC, the history center, and the courtyard at lake lucerne coming up! :) I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. If anyone has any other information, tips, etc. about any of these venues please let me know! :) Thanks!
    - Becky
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards