Florida-Central Florida
Options

Hair and Makeup Orlando

Do you ladies have any reccomendations for hair and makeup. I'd like to do airbrush, but I've heard mixed things about airbrush being oily and not lasting all day. I have a very limited budget and my wedding is on January 1st which is a holiday for most businesses. The people don't have to come to us but they do have to be in the Orlando-Goldenrod-Curry Ford area for convenience. Any ideas?
~ Jess & Marie 1-1-11 ~

Re: Hair and Makeup Orlando

• Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend that just started doing free-lancing. I know she does a great job, her name is Vanessa, let me know if you want her information.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meghann Davis did my airbrush make up and it was phenomenal. She put it on at 9AM and the day was so busy that I never had a single chance to look in a mirror or touch it up again after that and we were in a hot limo for an hour and then taking pictures outside.  My make up looked awesome in all of the pictures.  She is one of the best vendors I hired.  
  • Options
    lascahobaslascahobas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the hardest time finding my "beauty folks" but the girls at Glow really went above and beyond my expectations. They used airbrush on me (my first time getting it done), and MAC makeup and we all turned out AAMAZING! They are such fun people-- had us laughing the whole time!! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Meghann Davis
  • Options
    vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third Meghann Davis. She is phenomenal and really knows her stuff!! Her phone # is 407 808 1643
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Patricia LeJune from LeJune Cosmetics. She is AMAZING! I love her =) And I already did my hair and makeup trial with her with airbrush and she did a fantastic job.

http://www.lejeune-pca.com/

Her portfolio online is VERY old as my friend is on there and her wedding was about 4 yrs ago lol she needs to major update that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I MAJORLY 2nd Patricia LeJeune.  She did my wedding in May and my sister's last March plus FOUR of my friends.  No one had anything but RAVES about her.  The make-up lasted all day and I felt so glamourous.  I told her I wanted heavier eye make-up than most brides and she was excited about that and make my eyes sparkle.  :) No one beats her false lashes... My hair was gorgeous too and held through the next day (yes I purposely did not shower the next morning so I could wear my hair the same way to our brunch ;)
    jeannie ♥ harry {05.01.10}
    married bio with vendor reviews
    planning bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I third Patricia LeJeune.  She did my hair and makeup for my wedding in May, as well as my BMs and MIL.  I have a full review of her in my married bio, as well as pix.  I used airbrush and it lasted all day and night.
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leslie at Studio Cara. She does airbrush makeup, but I chose to get traditional makeup because airbrush makeup can often make people look washed out. It's up to you. The best advice I can give you is to go through different bios and pick out brides with your favorite makeup and do a trial with whoever they used. :) Just because someone liked their makeup artist doesn't mean their makeup photographed well. Good luck!
  • Options
    kobe013kobe013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I fouth Meghann Davis! I did my trial with her a few weeks ago; the airbrush was great. And she is just awesomesauce too :) Super fun
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies for all the support and tips!! As soon as I get back to the states I will call around and do trials. You're the best :)
    ~ Jess & Marie 1-1-11 ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Britt1406,

If you could give me Vanessa's email that would be great. i want to ask her about general prices and where she is located. Thank you so much!!
    ~ Jess & Marie 1-1-11 ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow this really helped me.  I have waited to the Last minute (YIKES!) to figure out hair and makeup.  My event is 18 days away and I still haven't done a trial!  I looked at LeJune's website, but can't find Meghan Davis' information.  Could someone share her info or website? thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I finally called Meghann Davis...She is great!  I have my event on 9/25 and she is fitting in my trial on Tuesday at 7a and my makeup/hair on Saturday the day of!  Although I only gave her 1 week notice, the stars were aligned and it worked out great!  I will post later how it all turned out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards