Florida-Central Florida
Options

Wedding Dresses

I live in the Merritt Island area (Brevard County - space shuttle), but i'm willing to travel to find the perfect dress.

I'm looking for: cap sleeves (sheer), a-line, beaded/lace/etc bodice (haven't decided really), and a shimmery solid skirt

price: $100-$200 (maybe higher if need be)

these sleeves

i do like this bodice, but like i said not too sure what i want
The Future Mrs. Wynn Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't recommend a specific salon to visit, but find a dress with the bodice you love, even if it's strapless. Cap sleeves can always be added using the same fabric as the overlay on the gown, and with the right seamstress it's not that expensive. GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say that $100-$200 is a little low for majority bridal designers. Even the lower end I have seen start around $500 and up.

I would check out david's bridal, especially when they have sales.

Also check out Casablanca Bridal, they are usually on the lower end and have dresses in the style you are looking for. Here is a store that carries the line in Melborne.

Aurora Unique Bridal Boutique1697 North Wickham Road

Ask stores about sample sales! They are the best and can really get you a good discount.

Happy Shopping!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know David's Bridal has gorgeous dresses - if my FI and I can get 2 full-time jobs at $10/hr then the wedding budget will go up as well as the amount that I can spend on dresses.

I know of Aurora - it's one of the places that I want to go go. I realize the best places to go are in Orlando, but my "budget" mindset is based on what i'm earning how. i really don't have a budget for my wedding nor do i plan to really set one in stone (i do better paying as i go haha). i'll probably end up splurging on my wedding dress and my cake
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A while ago Long's Bridal in Orlando had a HUGE sample close out sale. I got a wedding dress for $25! Perfect condition - originally $800. I don't think they'll have any crazy sales like that again (at least not with such a huge selection - they were downsizing 50% for the sale) but it's definitely worth calling and asking if they have any sample dresses. 
  • Options
    lcollazo38lcollazo38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i believe the dress you posted are from mori lee, modern bridal in orlando carries mori lee. i would think the dress would be 600 though
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_wedding-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:81246404-b24f-4e49-9cf7-849f0c49faddPost:5fe6d186-ae06-4465-ba1b-7e4f418b637c">Re: Wedding Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]i believe the dress you posted are from mori lee, modern bridal in orlando carries mori lee. i would think the dress would be 600 though
    Posted by lcollazo38[/QUOTE]

it is mori lee & i know that aurora bridal in melbourne carries that brand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards