Florida-Central Florida

videographer for a decent price

i just watched my friend's wedding video which cost her $900. the entire video was edited to music, so you could never hear what was actually going on or being said. i really just want my wedding videotaped as is w/ very little editing so that I can always remember it exactly as it happened.

with that said, i can't see spending more than $300 or so for a video. I wonder if tha is a fair price considering I wouldnt want all of the editing.

Re: videographer for a decent price

• mizzicantwaitmizzicantwait member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    take a look at fuel videography. they will videotape your wedding without editing it and they have very decent prices.
  • edited December 2011
    That's way too low-priced. You aren't going to want to watch a video that's 8 hours long of your whole day. I would just get a friend to do it then because 300 will be a non professional and a waste of money.
  • edited December 2011
    I used creative cinema, he was running a special for $499. It was documentary style so it wasn't set to music, he taped for 8 hrs and edited it down to about 1hr15mins. We loved it! It probably wasn't the same artistic quality as a more expensive company but well worth the money. He managed to get every single detail and event that day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    to me videographers are an "extra" and most of the decent ones that make your video look professional start at least $1,000
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_videographer-decent-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:9b97fff1-5d25-44b4-95ff-ae425f969532Post:35d65848-ccf0-45cc-a312-1e5db7596df1">Re: videographer for a decent price</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used creative cinema, he was running a special for $499. It was documentary style so it wasn't set to music, he taped for 8 hrs and edited it down to about 1hr15mins. We loved it! It probably wasn't the same artistic quality as a more expensive company but well worth the money. He managed to get every single detail and event that day.
    Posted by liz1379[/QUOTE]

Can you provide us with the website. Thanks!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Choco9Choco9 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how to make clicky... but you could definitely do this!!

http://storymixweddings.com/
  • edited December 2011
    $300 isn't bad if you only want the ceremony taped and no editing at all. we're paying about $400 for just the ceremony and minimal editing.

Apex Media Weddings
    www.apexmediaweddings.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I think its crazy that people think you need to spend $2000 to get a worthwhile video. That's about what I spent on pictures and I was very dissappointed in them but my $500 video was extremely worth it and made up all that was missing in my photos. I think sometimes vendors that are just starting their businesses can put in more of an effort then ones that are more established. Atleast that was my experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssj2ssj2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please please please get a video.  Even if you have a friend do it.  Pictures are great but, trust me, one day you may want to see the movement and hear your voices that pictures can't do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hello ladies,

Teddy from Creative Cinema here.  I just met with a bride today that mentioned that she found out about me through the Knot.com discussion boards and I just had to check it out!  Looks like I owe a big thanks to Liz for suggesting Creative Cinema, so thanks Liz!

Anyways, I will be happy to answer any videography questions you might have, and I must agree with a few posters that even if it's a family member you MUST do video.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards