Florida-Central Florida

Wedding Nightmares

Sorry I have been MIA for a while. I just graduated so I start my M.B.A. tomorrow. I'm trying to get a head start bc I will be going double time for 8 weeks. Urg!
Anyway, I just got my new issue of Brides. Did anyone see the article on wedding nightmares? I thought this was so funny bc I have frequent nightmares about the wedding. Something is always missing! A couple of weeks ago FI wasn't at the reception (which was in a school broom closet instead of the Hilton) and some kids were playing with my tiara in a classroom down the hall.
I was wondering if you guys have nightmares. This is insane. I was telling my friend that according to brides it means that I need to spend more time with FI and the stress is getting to me. She said that it's probably bc my life is school. Lol. That's what I get for taking a month off!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Nightmares

• edited December 2011
    I just started having wedding nightmares. 

The first one, his mom showed up with her day care class (all decked out in bathing suits as they had just left the community pool) about 3 hours late. 

The second one, my dad changed our catering order from a build your own sandwich bar to salmon and prime rib. But they were cooked together, so the salmon was like charcoal and the prime rib was still frozen in the middle. 

Fortunately, they only happen about every 3 weeks and I can laugh about them because they are so absurd. 
    Planning Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 97 Celebrating in Person
    image 57 Celebrating in Spirit
    image 0 In Postal Limbo
    RSVP Date: October 26
  • edited December 2011
    Hahaha! I've had this one nightmare like, 3 times...there are never any linens on my reception tables!!!! lol. Noooo idea why Im so worried about linens. hah!
  • edited December 2011
    I've had all kinds of nightmares...missing BMs, forgetting to try on my wedding dress, not ordering invitations until the day before the wedding...on and on....I think it's just part of having it all on your mind. They always make me laugh when I wake up!
  • edited December 2011
    I had a few right before the wedding. The biggest one I remember was all of my vendors thought the wedding was a week later than it was so I had nothing. No cake, no food, no reception site, no officiant, and droopy flowers which were nothing like I'd ordered. I also remember one where the priest just skipped the entire ceremony. He went straight from "Dearly beloved" to "I now pronounce you husband and wife." I collapsed on the altar and started crying because the ceremony was the most important part to me =/
    Happy to say, none of those nightmares came true =)
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • edited December 2011
    i saw this article, I have crazy dreams as it is. The first wedding dream I had was that my FI didn't show up he forgot what  day it was and we had to reschedule and he came late to the reschudeled wedding. For a second i was mad at him when I woke up before i realized i was dreaming.
  • kenzie.lee.85kenzie.lee.85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a dream that I was completely ready to leave for the ceremony, my make up was done, and my hair was in curlers. . So there I am standing out on the lawn in my dress yelling at the house for everyone to get ready. I woke up before I found out if I made it on time. My family is not known for being on time so lets hope this wasnt a premonition
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. I guess we all have funny dream stories.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i had one last night that it was my wedding day and I never even shopped for a dress! I didn't have one and someone ran to like thrift store and found me a cheap long white dress.  I also had to share my wedding site with another bride and her guest, it was crazy.
  • edited December 2011
    Little late on this...but ironically, I did have a few random nightmares BEFORE the wedding...but I swear, I've been married for 7 weeks now, and I have had twice as many post-wedding as I did beforehand! They are all about things going wayyyyy different (ie, really wrong) than they actually did lol. It's funny when I wake up and am like....no, wait...my wedding was actually ok! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards