Florida-Central Florida
Options

OMG

I waited all weekend to go pick up my dress and finally went today with my sister and a friend. I was so excited, till i tried it on, and it would not go over my hips, AT ALL. when I ordered it, they took my measurements, and said I was between a 2 and 4. They talked me into  a 4 b/c its easier to take in then out....so today they re took my measurement and said that they " misplaced my first one" ( yea right ) and according to my present measurements I should of ordered a 4 or 6. I was soooo upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they e-mail corporate to see what to do. So I left with them saying they are either going to re order the dress is the proper size, or get that one taken out to fit. Put I really don't want it taken out, I don't think it will look good. I want a new freaking dress. It was their mistake! AHHHH so frustrating! Just venting....

Re: OMG

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!! I really hope they can get you a dress in the correct size, but if they can't, a good seamstress should be able to let it out without compromising the look of the dress. GL!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on your designer it might be cutting it super close to get a new dress, but they absolutely should do everything they can at the shop to get it for you since it was clearly their error. If, however, it doesn't come in time a skilled seamstress can absolutely take your dress out without compromising the look, so don't fret too much. My dress had to be let out and nobody was any the wiser except those who were at the fitting with me. Even more, my dress had intricate beading all over the bodice and it still didn't make a difference. Judi and her staff know what they're doing and it didn't seem altered at all on the wedding day :)
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh... where did you order your dress from??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I currently work at a bridal boutique with on house alterations (in DC sorry) but as I have actually studied fashion just to let you know the difference between a 4 and 6 is half an inch, which is not much to let out. Plus they always have a little extra material in the seams to use.  Don't let this stress you out, they should be able to easily let this out without compromisng the dress.  I have seen our alterationist do magic with dresses that needed let out or taken in majorily. 

Sorry this happened to you sweetie, what was the store you ordered the dress from?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards