Florida-Central Florida

Help please!!! Orlando Bridal Shop!

Hi, ladies!

Pardon me for butting in from the North Florida boards but I truly need your assistance!

I ordered my dress from a salon in Atlanta but my mother wasn't with me and now I'm developing dress remorse. :-( Well, I have the opportunity to go dress shopping this upcoming Friday with my mom down in Orlando...one day only. So I want to be able to maximize the shopping time we have. (Just a few hours) Near the hotel I'll be staying in is a Priscilla of Boston Salon and I plan to go there but I would like one other option. What salon can you suggest that is near Universal?

Thanks in advance!

ETA: Any suggestions or warning heedings about Solutions Bridal on Conroy?

Re: Help please!!! Orlando Bridal Shop!

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really love Demetrios and Alfred Angelo but both are in Altamonte Springs.  Honestly, I would dirive there if you find a dress you like. 
  • julie102310julie102310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to Solutions and Conroy and love it there! There ladies are really sweet and helpful...good follow up with their customers, but yet not pushy. A few lof the Jax salons I have been to seemed a bit scatterbrained. Not sure what your budget is, but Solutions does tend to be on the pricier side. I was there yesterday (looking at BM dresses) and they were having a trunk sale...and the dresses in the trunk sale were from 5K-11K. Bridesmaid dresses, however are far more affordable. After having been too the store, I recommended to a jax based friend.  She drove down from Jax and has decided to use them for her BM dresses.

Alfred Angelo in Altamonte - Meh. I was there, too. It was a lazy Saturday afternoon, I was the only bride in the store. No one even greeted me or said hello. Found a dress (by myself) that I wanted to try on, When I asked to try it on, I was pushed into filling out a form with all my personal info. I explained I just wanted to quickly try on the dress, that I wasnt looking for a full consult at this time....was pushed to make an appointment instead of trying on the dress in the (currently empty) salon. Wasnt in the mood for dealing with all that, so I explained that I was either going to try on the dress with no fuss, or I was going to leave. I ended up walking out without trying on the dress. Probably worked out better for both parties.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! I bought my gown from Priscilla of Boston and it was a great experience. I didn't know there was a Solutions Bridal on Conroy, but the one in Winter Park is awesome. Something Blue Bridal is also a nice shoppe. It's not as frou-frou/full service as POB or Solutions, but they still had a pretty good selection and the girls were sweet. Have fun!
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a David's Bridal by Conroy/ Mall at Mellinia. They don't always have great service at them but they have a big selection to try on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    Ehhhh I think if you're specifically looking for POB or Solutions, you're not going to like David's Bridal.
  • edited December 2011
    I've actually been to the Priscilla of Boston salon,and the solutions bridal.They are both wonderful and loved the people.I ended up getting my dress at Something Blue Bridal on Conroy and Dr.Phillips Blvd.It's a smaller boutique but has a fantastic selection of dresses by designers like Jim Hjelm,Justin Alexander,Tara Keely,Matthew Christopher,La Sposa,Amy Kuschel,and Lazaro.

I hope you have fun with your mom finding your dress.good luck!
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    image 12 need to hurry up!
    RSVP Date:November 1
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I had a good experience at the Solutions in Winter Park- didn't realize they had one on Conroy too. My problem was that they didn't really have a large selection of the style of gown I was looking for. I didn't want a lot of beading or really a lot of anything going on and there were like 2 to try and I didn't like either. But, the service was wonderful and I had a great experience.
  • julie102310julie102310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to possibly save someone else the drama that I experienced this Sunday.....Solutions is no longer at the Winter Park location. The store has moved to the Millenia area.  Solutions on Conroy is the new location for previous  Solutions Winter Park location.
  • edited December 2011
    I hear the new Solutions i really nice! Something Blue in Dr. Phillips is really nice.  It's smaller and not as luxe as Solutions but they have gorgeous dresses... the carry some designers you won't find everywhere too.  GL!
    jeannie ♥ harry {05.01.10}
    married bio with vendor reviews
    planning bio
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the Priscilla of Boston location just a week or two ago, very nice. Dresses are $1800+

But I would recommend taking the Drive to Demetrios.. so much to choose from in a variety of price ranges..great service, ask for Nikki B. I highly recommend it!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, ladies!

Sorry I didn't update but I was out of town...BUYING A DRESS!!!! Smile I submitted my request for a consultant at POB to contact me..twice! Maybe I should have called since they NEVER called me back. (I never beg anyone to take my money) So my mom and I went to Solutions instead. And I ordered my dress!!!! It's NOTHING like I thought I would get  but every time I go back and look at the photo of me in the dress, I smile so I know it's the one!!!

The first dress I ordered and thought I would always get married in was a ballgown by Romona Keveza and was champagne. The new dress is an Ivory Watters & Watters and is a trumpet style.

Thanks so much everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards