Florida-Central Florida

Need help with beach wedding in Daytona Beach

Hi ladies! We want to get married on the beach in Daytona Beach, hopefully somewhere near Perry's and the Hawaiian Inn because that's been our family vacation spot since I was little. I need help though: do I go through a hotel (if so, any suggestions??) or do I select an independent beach wedding package provider (if so, any suggestions?) We are trying to keep the costs down. Any suggestions are much appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Need help with beach wedding in Daytona Beach

• Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go through a hotel, they take care of the permitting process (some independent places will also). Otherwise, if you just hire a minister you will be required to purchase a permit through Volusia County. Hotels are usually pricey, but it could work out- just start getting quotes and comparing them.

I had my reception in Daytona at the Penninsula Club- it's a block from the beach but was very affordable and they allow you to bring your own food/alcohol. So that saved a ton of money for us! Aunt Catfish does provide affordable catering and bar tendering out that way- but if you select a hotel most of them will require that they provide the food.

This site can be helpful too: http://www.daytonabeachweddings.com/wedding_locations.htm
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • I helped my friend do her beach wedding and as long as it was under 50 people they didn't require us to get a permit. I cna tell you that it was a lot of work and very stressful. If I were doing a beach wedding, I'd probably find a company to help me do it. I think if you call the city hall they can tell you what is and isn't allowed on the beach. If it's behind a hotel on the beach then I think it would be up to the hotel as to what they allow on there property. Make sure to have a backup plan if it rains. It rained on my friends wedding and we had to move it indoors.
  • I used Melissa T Photography for our wedding. She is awesome .
  • My FI and I are actually getting married somewhere on the beach, but it will be in front of Perry's, as we and all of our guests are staying at that hotel.  We are getting married on May 5, 2012.  Our officiant is going to set up the beach a little bit and take care of placing our guests before I walk down the aisle.  E-mail me at murf966@aol.com if you have any other questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards