Florida-Central Florida

How much liquor did you buy?

For anyone who was able to provide their own liquor for their reception, can you give me an idea of your "bar pars"? I am going on a cruise next week and am able to buy 5 liters duty free. I am thinking of stocking up and making other people in my group claim some bottles for the wedding. My wedding book is kind of off in my opinion (6 liters of vodka and only one case of beer for 100 people???). I know it kind of depends on your crowd, but give me an idea of what you went through. Thank you!

Re: How much liquor did you buy?

• Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We haven't had our reception yet, but we are planning on buying a Keg, we'll have a couple cases of wine, and like 6 handles of liquior. We'll probably have extras, but a lot of our friends and his family drink quite a bit and whatever we have left over we'll just take home and use at another time (besides the keg of course).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    We have champagne for the toast set aside, and then we're going to buy a couple cases of beer from a Costco or Sams Club.  Since our wedding is small and mostly close friends and family, alot of our guest ar BYOB without us asking.  That's just how they roll.  It is more of a "party" than a reception anyhow.  Overall, I think there's going to be champagne, a couple boxed wines, few cases of beer, and probably mostly vodka and rum!  Should be a good time!
  • ericak926ericak926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what my caterer sent me:

Suggested Liquor, Beer and Wine Purchasing

Based on 100 - 130 guests attending a Four Hour Reception

Liquor – Quantities Based on Suggested Brands in 1 Liter Bottles

Scotch – Dewars (3)

Vodka- Absolute (6)

Gin – Tanqueray (3)

Blend – Canadian Club (2)

Bourbon- Jack (3)

Rum – Bacardi (4)

BEER – Based on 24 Bottles Per Case.

We suggest limiting the number of beer choices to three kinds.

Domestic Regular Beer – 2

Import Beer – 3

Light Beer – 3

Wine – Based on 750 ml bottles.

Chardonnay – 24

Red – Merlot, Cabernet or Shiraz - 12

White Zinfandel – 10 (Increase chardonnay if you aren’t serving white zinfandel)

Champagne – 30 bottles

• edited December 2011
    http://evite.com/pages/party/drink-calculator.jsp

this calculator lets you estimate how many people are light, moderate and heavy drinkers and how long the party is lasting
  • edited December 2011
    I went into Total Wine (in the shopping center on the corner of colonial and bumby) and they had a formula for calculating how much alcohol needed for a reception. It depends on how you want to space it out (like I am having no beer) but it was a really good way to get a liter count of alcohol needed. Go in and talk to one of the salespeople there. They can give you suggestions of brands too. The guy I spoke to was really helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards