Florida-Central Florida
Options

Colors

So, Sam and I are working on colors and we just can't really come up with anything that sounds "right" for us.  How did you all pick your colors?  Also, anyone have any unique suggestions?

Re: Colors

• Options
    Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't really recall how we came up with our colors.  I know that I wanted something that would work with fall, but not the organges and browns.  Somehow we ended up with plum and green and it is working out well for us.

The idea that I tried to sell my FI on that I loved was a peacock theme.  He wasn't really into the idea, but there are so many great colors you could work with and cool centerpieces, etc.
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh, plum, sounds fun!!!  =)  We are fall as well, and I agree, I am not into the traditional fall colors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i wanted to do a neutralish color for the BM dresses so that everyone would look good in it so I was going to do bronze (which I chose) or navy and then since its the summer I wanted to accent with bright fun colors (pink and green). Its not a great way of how I came up with the colors but it works. haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just chose colors that complemented our venue well & complemented each other.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have very strong opinions about my favourite colours and hues of colours (turquoise/hot pink/lime green/tangerine). Those are the colours we used. I win. ;)

I didn't want it to look all matchy-matchy with the one or two colours, and I wanted it bright and sassy, so we incorporated a lot of the bright colours, and just had turquoise as kind of the 'main' colour since it's the best colour ever IMO. =D 
    We used different colours of linens in each space of the venue and Lee (florist) played the CP colours off of the linens in that area. It came out great - it was very eclectic, but still cohesive. Exactly what I wanted.
  • Options
    SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You also have to think about what colors look good on YOU.  If a color you choose for your BM's dress is not a color that compliments your skin tone that will show in pictures.  But seriously, I changed my colors like 3 times.  So I may not be the best person to comment!  LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As for dress colours, my MOH's decided that they couldn't really carry off those bright colours (we're all pale as death) and that it would look too casual for the swanky/vintage feel I was going for with my dress, so we decided they should wear black so they could have their favourite colour really pop in their accents. (One had hot pink, one had bright green. They were going to have pashminas with their colours but it was too hot, so their only accent colour was on their bouquet. Eh, it was fine.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    See my last 2 blog posts to see how I came up with my theme/colors. HTH
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked my absolute favorite color ever, lavender.  I'm really picky about color and I don't like many.  So, I always knew I wanted lavender.  I didn't even have any other colors picked out at all.  When six months had passed and it was time to get the tuxes, we decided lavender was too girly for them.  So, we discussd plum but ended up really liking silver.  So, then silver became the second color because lavnder was too girly for the men.  I had originally thought to do lavender and mint because the ballroom is mint green but I'm not really into doing three colors and those three go together anyway. So, my invitations were mostly lavender with a hint of silver.  There will be a touch of lavender on the tables and silver chargers.  
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, other then the dresses, chair sashes,menus  and table runners, I'm not going overboard with the color scheme.  The paper stuff all matches but other than that nothing is in that color scheme.  
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My favorite color is blue, so I just looked at all the shades and asked Fi what his favorite was (he picked Navy) but I said I didn't want it that dark, so pick again, lol. We went with his 2nd shade.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I knew I wanted just about everything to be white, mostly because I didn't want to be stressing myself over matching different shades of a color from store to store, and from dresses to flowers to linens, etc.

But we did pick out accent colors. For that, we just went to Home Depot in their paint section and looked at swatches.  My original idea was white and blue (Santorini style), but he didn't like that idea. I knew I didn't want pastels, and nothing too flourescent, so that ruled out a lot. So within that, we picked a few swatches that we liked, and there was one that we both agreed on.
  • Options
    elspeth1elspeth1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was tossing up navy blue or dark red. Then realized I had gone to 3 weddings in one summer and all were dark red so, I went with navy. I wanted silver as my 2nd color but, FI liked pewter. Obviously flowers don't come in navy or pewter so we are having hot pink for flowers. So, BM dresses are navy with pewter shoes and jewelry with hot pink flowers. GM, black tuxedos, navy vests, pewter buttons, and hot pink boutonniere.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we really like green, so we wanted that to be our main color, and then since we got married in november, we decided to go for a burgundy red and amber yellow as our accents to clover green
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We (well I choose) green and purple.  He agreed and liked these colors. I want a spring/summer wedding and these colors just remind me of summer and flowers.  Green is also my favorite color and my FI has always liked "manly" purples and I think most people look good in purple anyway. These colors gave us the feel of the season we wanted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards