Florida-Central Florida
Options

Sunset Anyone?

So I thought my wedding was going to be at 5:00 (Cocoa Beach Valentines Day) so I could get the colors of the sunset but I just talked to the reception venue and they said that I will run out of light. So I called the ceremony vendor and she said "oh no, there will be no light for pics. Roughly 4). I'm starting to panic so i checked the internet for sunset times and it looks like sunset will be 6:15. If I start at 4 and I am done with pics at about 5:30 do you ladies think I will get some of the colors of the sunset??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sunset Anyone?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I honestly have no idea. My suggestion would be to speak with as many different people at the venue as possible to get a general consensus about it. The person you talked to could just be wrong. 
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you get about 20 minutes after sunset of good pictures.. but I don't think you'll get the pretty colors if you end 45 minutes before sunset.  I am definitely no expert though.  Why don't you go to the beach sometime soon and tke note of when the sky starts to change in relation to sunset..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Noo don't go now. The sun will set at a totally different time in February. lol
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I didn't mean to go at the time the sun sets in Feb!!  I meant find out when sunset is NOW and see when the sky starts turning in relation to the actual sunset time.  Like if sunset is at 8:30pm and the sky starts turning at 8:10pm and it is dark at 8:50pm, that will give you an idea of the time frame you are looking at.  But, obviously these won't give you any kind of times to go by, just time frames.  Since you already know what time sunset is for your wedding you can just apply it.
  • Options
    andee1353andee1353 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your photog may have an idea as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you want to see when twilight is- that is when the best sunset pictures will be. Your photographer will be able to tell you. Because "sunset" is when it is completely dark so you will want to be done before that.
    Just ask your photographer, you are paying them to know about lighting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh haha jmucheech, makes much more sense ;) lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the farmers almanac tells sunset times.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I'll double check the farmer's almanac. I was wondering what twighlight time meant. I knew I could count on you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards