Florida-Central Florida
Options

Bella Collina

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone has had/ or are having their wedding at Bella Collina in Montverde, FL? We love the venue, although it is pushing our budget.  What catering options have they given, and are they willing to reduce their prices? We have talked with them and they have tried to seem flexible... 

Re: Bella Collina

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of them ever reducing prices. We didn't look at it only because it was so far away everything else we didn't want our guests making that drive, plus the cost is like starting at $10,000.  I haven't heard anyone say they were flexible so I am not much help. It is a beautiful venue though, too bad they built so far away.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Bella Collina on July 30th. They are pretty expensive and definitely made us go beyond our originally planned budget, but I loved the venue I had to have it. They are very strict on the catering and the $140 minimum per person, and they do not allow outside caterers. Our saving grace was that they were willing to give us a SIGNIFICANT discount on the venue fee, aside from any food/beverage pricing. If you are a member of the club (we are not) you only have to pay the food/beverage, although we are not memebers they did offer a huge discount to help make it more affordable. Dana, the coordinator here, is great to work with and is very helpful. Talk to her, she'll probably try to work with you. But don't do anything you aren't comfortable with. If they aren't willing to work with you, don't be afriad to let them know you're moving on. Happy Planning and Best Wishes! :)
  • Options
    The alcohol is expensive. Way overpriced but dinner menu good options. They have been good to work with thus far.
  • Options
    My fiancé went there yesterday to do a walk through and to get pricing and while beautiful so not worth it and their customer service skills aren't the best at all. Not even a hint of enthusiasm for showing a newly engaged couple this venue and trying to sell us. Ladies do not be deceived by seeing on the website that the site fee is 3500...,,you have to reach a 20,000 minimum for it. The overcharge is a bit nuts at this place too. They were charging $6.50 for hor d' duerves and that was for one piece that would be at a food station and you have to have a minimum of 8-12 per person! Once again it is all about the sales person too. I guarantee that the lack of customer service turns people off....I even asked her "the dos and donts" for the venue and she actually told me that if I liked the place and put down a deposit then she would put me in touch with someone that could tell me. Don't go here ladies, you can get a gorgeous wedding with great customer service elsewhere. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards