Honeymoon Discussions

Name Change question

We just got our certified copy of our marriage liscense today.  I wanted to go to the DMV this afternoon and mail out my new SS card app as well today.  The only thing I'm worried about is we are going on our HM next week and it's booked under my maiden name.  I am planning on using my passport which will still have my maiden name but is this enough.  Can I just use my passport or will my DL name need to match as well.  Thanks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Name Change question

• When you travel internationally they don't give a crap about your DL. They want to see that passport. That being said, I suggest you bring your Marriage certificate because they can scan your passport/look you up and see that you're not in the system as "you" anymore. That could cause issues (it shouldn't since they get so many Honeymooners travelling that way, but it could) . 
  • yuor drivers license is NOT an acceptable form of ID for international travel-only your passport. so yes, you bring your maiden name passport as ID for your trip booked in your maiden name.

• I am going to wait just so I don't have to deal with issues like that.

• When I got married the first time I changed everything except my passport and never had a problem traveling internationally. My SS card didn't match my DL or passport until about a year after the divorce. It's really up to you on when you want to do it.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards