Florida-Central Florida
Options

I have a wedding date!!!

Hi girls! A few months ago I posted here because I loved Dubsdread and wanted some insight on places similar. Anyhow, I went in the complete opposite direction and booked Lake Mary Events Center YAY!!!!!!! 01/22/12 even though its a Sunday I don’t care I saw that place and would have gotten married on a Wednesday in the middle of a hurricane LOL.  Well it is only six months away so I am really excited and really nervous so much to do!! I have been assured that six months is plenty of time but we will see :)

Do you girls have any reasonable DJ recommendations? I really have no idea where to even begin there because no one I know has ever really used a DJ. In Orlando at least. Thanks in advance!!

Re: I have a wedding date!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking LMEC! I'm getting married there in October 2012! It's unbelieveable how FAST that place books up! But I think it was specfically designed for weddings.

What things do you need recommendations on? I have started looking into a little bit of EVERYTHING! My FI and I were suppose to get married THIS September, but we decided to wait a little bit longer and get our personal and professional lives situated first.

White Rose Entertainment has a really good reputation, and Soundwave Entertainment Systems works with LMEC all the time!

Let me know if you need help with anything! I know I'm a newbie just like yourself, but my wedding planner has EXCELLENT recommendations!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!! Congrats to you too!!! Yes that place books like crazy fast!! I initially wanted to get married there in november of 2011 but it didnt work out that way.. but we are super happy with how things are turning out!

So I need reccomendations on like everything.... my family is New Jersey and the most recent wedding on my fiances side was in the 80's LOL. Its just sooo overwhelming! I will look into whiterose though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I don't know if you intend on using a planner, but I strongly recommend a "day of coordinator" I am using a planner just for a couple of things and she is AMAZING!

Tickled Pink Brides
    , the company is owned by a woman named Brittany, but I am working with Terri.

I suggest looking into your food and beverage first, then possibly your photographer. Booking the photographer was my main concern because that's how I'm going to remember my wedding 80 years from now! LOL I'm using Elegant Imagery.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Jamie, how much is your photo package with Elegant Imagery?  We're thinking of going with Victoria, too

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh tell me please what you like about elegent imagery too! I get a million emails a day from them. I was looking into getting a DOC because I know that I tend to be a bit anxious about things and I will be out of my mind on my wedding day. I may need to hire a day of therapist LOL jk
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Elegant Imagery is a photgrapher, but there is also Elegant Weddings that is a planning company.
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!  LMEC is beautiful!!!!!  Here are some of my recommendations:

DJ:  Tagas - I believe my cost for ceremony and 5 hours of reception is $1200.

Videographer:  Cinnematique - Molly is more on the costly side.. but she's very good.  She's very artistic in her method and has beautiful videos.

Flowers:  Sheridan Florist - VERY inexpensive.  My cost for 20 centerpieces, 10 bridesmaids bouquets, a brides bouquet, I think 10 or so boutinears, I don't even remember what else off hand was under $600!

Photographer:  I have to plug Sam Dickinson, SMD Wedding Photography, who is my fiance, and although that probably makes me a bit biased, I really truly believe he is the best around.  He is VERY afforable compared to other photographers of his caliber (I believe his packages start at about $1000 if I'm not mistaken - www.smdweddings.com ).  (My personal photographer I am not thrilled with.. so I didn't mention him..)

Hope that helps!!!  Happy planning!!!  =)
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH ALSO:  I'm not sure what you are planning to do about your dress, but my family is all in NJ too.  My family really wanted to be a part of my dress shopping, so I decided to do it up there.  I HIGHLY recommend Sales Unlimited (Toms River area) (I know, it doesn't sound like a bridal shop, but it is and I LOVED it!!!!).  I went to about 6 bridal shops and they were BY FAR the most accommodating, best selection, best prices... AND THEIR ALTERATIONS ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE DRESS!!  So, even if you have to travel him to get fitted, you are probably saving money, since alterations tend to be SO expensive!!

My dress is Mori Lee 2105 (which for some reason I can't get to load right now or I'd post a pic..) and I got it for $1250 including alterations, which I think is a pretty darn good deal.  Laughing  So, if you happen to shop in NJ, I highly recommend checking them out!!
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems like Jay Edwards is the #1 recommended DJ on this board. We didn't meet with him because we were on a tight budget. We met with White Rose and they were our 2nd choice. I think you would be happy with either of them. We ended up going with DJ London, he did a good job and is affordable, he just isn't the best MC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Woo Hoo! I am a LMEC bride as well :)! I am also getting married on a Sunday there too, (5/27/12) and am so excited!

As for DJ's, I am pretty sure we are going to go with Tagas. I met with them at a tasting for Arthurs catering and the man we spoke with was awesome! Their packages are well priced as well, and they know what they are doing!

If you are interested in a Day or Coordinator, or planner, I recommend Jaclyn Fraser from At Last Wedding Event and Design. We are using her and she is such a delight to work with. Definitely helping me in more ways then imaginable.

Since they have a list of caterers to go with, I would check out Arthurs, ( no one can go wrong with them!) Their food is some of the best I have ever tasted and they are definitely willing to work with any budget. Also, check out John Michael, his packages are extremely affordable and he has a tasting coming up in 2 weeks I think :).

Good luck with everything and your knottie girls are here to help! Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend Collection (Most Popular!): $2999.95 Complete Coverage until last formality at reception ie cake cutting or
    garter/bouquet toss. Depending on details we will arrive 2.5-3.5 hours
    prior to ceremony.
    FREE Photography/Wedding Planner Day of Timeline No Location Limitations Unlimited photos ALL wedding pictures come in a hard copy print size of 4x6 with option to upgrade to 5x7! ALL images are edited and optimized including Black and White, European spot color, hi def/HDR and other
    artistic special effects
    Three High Resolution DVDs with print release Three Slideshow CDs set to your favorite music Large Magazine Style Album approx
    15x11 in size with 10 pages/20 sides!
    Online Ordering Website for friends and family 
    here is my e-mail, tell her this person recommended you! Smile jleigh812@gmail.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's the same package she quoted me.  Just checking price wise.  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow you girls are amazing!! I feel like I learned more from you girls in 24 than the 3 bridal shows I went to LOL! I will check out all of your reccomendations they all look amazing so far!! Thanks so much!!

@Jennifer luckily ( or unluckily depending on the day LOL) my mom's job can be done from anywhere so she has umm relocated for a while to not miss a moment of wedding planning... sigh. But thank you for the reccomendation! I totally know what you mean about being biased. My fiance used to do lighting design, before the ressesion hit so now that he has no equitment but knows the price at cost he really cant bring him self to pay someone for lighting. But that is awesome that your future hubby is a photographer. Does he have a website? I have been following Tab McClausand  for a while but my options are open.

So has anyone heard anything bad about Tabitha (Tab) ?
    I got an email from whiterose today and my fiance has been watching the videos on thier site all day LOL he is kind of obsessed and luckily that is my inlaws present to us is the DJ and transportation (YAY)

thank you so much ladies all of your info has been amazing!! YAY! Still so excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:c96eec9c-53c0-4bb3-99db-2621a5a72839Post:5fee4ac1-4299-4dee-a2e3-c8e685e42cc0">Re: I have a wedding date!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elegant Imagery is a photgrapher, but there is also Elegant Weddings that is a planning company.
    Posted by murphanzo[/QUOTE]

Hi yes I was trying to answer all the questions above I will say I was kinda tired so I came out like one big run on paragraph... I have the tendency to ramble I really dont mean too...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards