Florida-Central Florida
Options

Recommend your seamstress!

I bought my dress at Alfred Angelo. I had a wonderful dress shopping/buying experience....but now I'm worried about alterations. I've heard about people paying outrageous prices for alterations. I am removing the corset back from my dress and having a zipper put in instead. I also need it taken in and bustled. I had to order the dress slightly larger to allow room to remove the corset. I'm afraid this is going to cost me a fortune. I have an appt with them at the end of this month. I'm curious if anyone has experience with them or with other seamstresses. Thanks ladies!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Recommend your seamstress!

• Options
    bumbblebe just posted a review of Alfred Angelo saying her dress shopping experience was great but alterations were ridiculous and the people were rude. She said they quoted her $300 for something she got done for $40, if that gives you any idea. Most ladies on here are going to tell you Jeannine, who I am using but haven't met yet, or Judy, who apparently does great work but her personality can be a bit harsh. Jeannine's number is 321-235-6681. She works from home and does almost exclusively wedding dresses. She will come to you!
  • Options
    Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Although, I live in a tiny condo and putting my dress on there and trying to get it altered would be difficult. We have wedding stuff everywhere! Jeannine doesn't have a shop or somewhere that she works out of?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I used J Alterations, (407) 470-8815, and she was very reasonable on pricing, etc. She works out of her house off of Colonial Dr., and I would highly suggest her. She used to be the seamstress at Priscilla of Boston until they shut down recently.... 
  • Options
    I read someone mention that they went to Jeannine's house and it was really clean, so I think that may be an option. Give her a call. As far as I know, the initial consultation is free.
  • Options
    I used Jeannine- she did great and was very affordable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    Thanks all! I called Jeanine and made an appt! She was SO nice.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    She is phenomenal, you won't be disapointed. She completely changed the top of my dress from a straight neck to a sweetheart for $30 & turned my mom's shawl into a JACKET. The woman is brilliant!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards