Florida-Central Florida
Options

DOC Consultation

I have a consultation tomorrow morning and another one on Friday night with two possible DOCs.

What should I bring?  What kinds of questions should I ask?  What should I expect?  I'm planning on at least bringing my wedding planning binder, but is there anything else?  I just want to be prepared.

Re: DOC Consultation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with 3 different planners.  I didn't bring anything except questions. They will make a planning binder for their own reasources.  We asked how much their service is, what it covers, for how long during the day. Will they help organize people for photos, what will they do the day of the wedding in terms of set up etc.

Who are you meeting with?

I personally hired Ashlie with weddings in the City. She is popular on this board and by far the most personal planner we met with.  She even saved us during a huge venue fiasco!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with Charisma Moran and Kristy Rapp.

I also contacted Ashlie but she was way more expensive than both Charisma and Kristy and I just can't afford her.  But how awesome that she saved you from a fiasco!

and thank you for replying. :)
  • Options
    chiokevanchiokevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So what did you think of Charisma and Kristy?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both of them were very nice and I'm sure would do a great job. 

My meeting with Charisma seemed very rushed.  We mostly just went over my wedding binder, I think I did more talking than she did.  It was a bit awkward at times, to be honest.  But she has some great reviews all over the place and many people love her - I just didn't click with her as much.

Kristy was very organized, she had a whole binder of sample timelines that she's prepared and they are SO detailed!  And she had her laptop with her and showed me several examples and gave some ideas for favors and flowers and such.  I was just overall way more impressed with her.  Plus my fiancé was quite open and chatty with her, and he isn't the most sociable person, so I knew she was the right choice for us. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards