Florida-Central Florida
Options

Jonathan's Flowers

Any thoughts? He has the best prices so far (I haven't heard from Lee yet).

Anniversary

Re: Jonathan's Flowers

• Options
    andee1353andee1353 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't even look at them b/c the "older" knotties had some bad experiences with them when we first started posting here. Things may have changed since then, it's been 7 or so months.
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would never ever use him.  I've only heard bad things about him.  He's not worth the price.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    run away as fast as you can! i still need to post my review..but in a nutshell... they messed up so bad that we had to set up our reception..like my hubby and I in our wedding attire...and flowers were falling out and much much much more....despite my 5 visits to his shops, millions of emails and probably more thorough than i needed to be they still messed up...save yourself the hassle!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do yourself a favour and talk to Vicki at Peddles or David at Carly Ane's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes yes Vicki at Peddles- great prices and is really wonderful to work with!
  • Options
    vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't dooooooooo ittttt! I also suggest Debra of Special Atmospheres Flowers & Decor
  • Options
    SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I switched from him to David with Carly Anes half way through my planning process.  One of the best decision I made!! 
  • Options
    Blonde407Blonde407 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are reviews on him in the knottie bio in my siggy.
    **Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    they never called me back and I found their prices a little steep we are using flowers by design. talk to deanna.
    I CANT WAIT TO BE A WIFE! Siggy Challenge! For THANK YOU NOTES! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amyers321amyers321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a good experience with him. Apparently, reading the above, we are one of few although I have heard of many other good experiences(and also some bad).
    I was very specific(as I was with all my vendors) and had my day of go and check the flowers the day before and they were beyond perfect.
    I didn't want much though and we did not do centerpieces(which is where many of his "issues" have come up)
    We were on a budget and he was in our budget. We never looked at anyone else because of the price and honestly I don't think anyone else would have done any better. (I think it would have been the same)
    Anyway my point is, I loved my flowers. You have to do what you feel comfortable with though. This is just MY experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_jonathans-flowers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:e8f840d7-4f4a-47fa-a3fe-ca2abac34e58Post:6a8c14b7-629a-45dd-ac30-8cfa13447759">Re: Jonathan's Flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had a good experience with him. Apparently, reading the above, we are one of few although I have heard of many other good experiences(and also some bad). I was very specific(as I was with all my vendors) and had my day of go and check the flowers the day before and they were beyond perfect. I didn't want much though and we did not do centerpieces(which is where many of his "issues" have come up) We were on a budget and he was in our budget. We never looked at anyone else because of the price and honestly I don't think anyone else would have done any better. (I think it would have been the same) Anyway my point is, I loved my flowers. You have to do what you feel comfortable with though. This is just MY experience.
    Posted by amyers321[/QUOTE]
    i checked out my flowers all week during the week of the wedding with false promises and was probably way more specific than u were (i seriously labeled every vase and feather and crystal i gave them, practically idiot proof! and it was still  disaster! so much of a disaster I  got a $300 refund! oh and i should mention the fact that $80 worth of my crystals and stuff went missing (aka staff took it or who knows??) oh and they broke 4 of my vases the day before my wedding and made ME go replace them!.... wasnt ur planner kristy??? and if so, the reason ur stuff was so perfect was because of what happened at my wedding.... im not sure how he is even still open?
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know some ladies had bad experiences with him, but he did a good job with my flowers. pics in bio. he also did my SIL's wedding in march and her flowers were stunning. skhynes used him last year and loved all her flowers, too.

here's the deal: some brides think that flowers are a very important piece of the puzzle on their wedding day. if you want elaborate arrangements or are picky about things working out exactly how you wanted them to, then definitely do not use jonathan. if you have a very laid-back approach to your floral and just want something simple for the cheapest price, then you might be a good fit for jonathan. when it's all said and done, it's just flowers. i was happy to have the extra money in my pocket at the end of the day. good luck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a wonderful experience with Dream Designs.

I wasn't picky about what I wanted, just gave her a general idea and let her run with it.

My bouquet came out amazing (to me, anyway) and the centerpieces were great.  I really thought I got a great deal for the price!
  • Options
    aingealmarynaingealmaryn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a review for Jonathan in my bio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards