Florida-Central Florida

Unique outdoor venues?

Hi all, this is my first post! I just got engaged about three weeks ago and want to start looking for venues. We're in the Orlando area, and are trying to plan the wedding in Central/North Florida.

I'm looking for an outdoor venue, such as a park, for the ceremony and someplace we can go inside for the reception...I want something with lots of trees/green as we're going for a down-to-earth/nature theme.

Has anyone ever used:

- The Summerlin House (downtown Orlando area)
- Washington Oaks Gardens State Park (Palm Coast)
- Eden Gardens State Park (Santa Rosa Beach)
- Fort George Island Cultural State Park/the Ribault Club (near Jacksonville/St. Augustine)
- Lakeridge Winery (Clermont)
- The Oldest House and Garden (St. Augustine)

Suggestions for others welcome! Thanks so much for the help :)

Re: Unique outdoor venues?

• SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no, i haven't been to any of those places. we used Town Manor in Auburndale. good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Leu Gardens in Orlando. 
    Planning Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 97 Celebrating in Person
    image 57 Celebrating in Spirit
    image 0 In Postal Limbo
    RSVP Date: October 26
  • edited December 2011
    I am not too familiar with those venues but I did want to say congrats and happy planning!
  • chiokevanchiokevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I visited Summerlin House and I think it's expensive for what you're getting. You have the ceremony out side, go in for cocktails, and then come back out for dinner. Try Wild Acre Villas, I haven't been but I would def be into it if it wasn't so far north. There is also an awesome ranch in Rockledge I've heard about.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I to just got engaged on Saturday and currently am up at my future in-laws in Wisconsin.  Can't wait to see responses to your questions!  I was looking at an outdoor ceremony but am now thinking Rollins hapel as we met when we were going there for our MBA...trying now to figure out the reception.
  • izzybelle07izzybelle07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome... sorry, haven't been to any of those. You could maybe try the North FL board for the St. Augustine and Palm Coast locations.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I are getting married at The Lakeside Inn located in Mt Dora :). You could try there. We're getting married outside underneath these pretty oak trees and having the reception inside. Good luck planning! And congrats! :D
  • izzybelle07izzybelle07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great suggestions!! Thank you :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to The Knot. I'm getting married at The Royal Crest Room and their outdoor ceremony site is absolutely beautiful.

You can also check out Cypress Gardens and The Lake Mary Events Center. I was also considering these places for an outdoor ceremony.
    Married on October 22, 2011; For Sale - http://buymyweddingitems.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations, planning is always stressful but exciting:) I'm getting married at Loch Park in Downtown Orlando, with the reception to follow a crossed the street at the Orlando Science Center. 

The Science Center has a large outdoor terrace that overlooks downtown. Plus if you do your booking of Loch Park & reception area through the Science Center you get a backup location inside for the ceremony and reception at no extra cost. Not that I'll be to happy if I have to get married under a teradactile, but it's better then being outside if it rains :) 

It might be worth checking out, here is the link to their wedding info : http://www.osc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=76:weddings&layout=blog&Itemid=140
  • AlisonrvAlisonrv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can check out Paradise Cove in Orlando........ it is a beautiful beachy feel and reception area is covered so you can still enjoy the out doors.... I am not sure of their webisite but just google Paradise Cove... if you are interested, I know of a good caterer for them as well...... Good luck and congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards