Florida-Central Florida
Options

Suggestions for out of Town bride

I am planning my wedding in Winter Park, Fl from Missouri. I'll be headed down to view some venues in April but wanted to know if anyone had any ideas or experiences with venues. We will have about 150 people. I am looking at :
Dubsdread
Maitland Art History Main Gardens
Courtyard at Lake Lucerne
Winter Park Garden Club

Any advice on venues or anything would be much appreciated!

Re: Suggestions for out of Town bride

• Options
    I'm getting married at Dr. Phillip's House at the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne! The most budget friendly outdoor venue I could find. I looked at Dubsdread as well but it seemed like it would get a bit pricey. That was one thing I really liked about The Courtyard is all their catering packages include beer and wine and to add liquor was only $5 more per person...and they don't charge a gratuity fee like most venues do, 18-23% was what I typically saw. We can tip the wait staff at our own discretion.
    Another venue you might want to look at is Cypress Grove Estate, very popular and very beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Like pp said lake Lucerne I hear is nice also try lue gardens
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Dr. Philips was nice - we looked there but the caterers weren't very impressive.   Lue Gardens is very nice but they book quickly for the moderate temperature months so we couldn't get our date.  We love love loved our venue Casa Feliz in Winter Park.  A bit unique but very classy and it was a perfect day.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Leu Gardens is nice. Anywhere outside would make me nervous though. Inside venues that are cheap in Winter Park are the Farmer's Market and Winter Park Women's Club. I think you can bring your own caters too. 
  • Options
    I got married in the Winter Park Garden Club. Nothing special about the customer service, but the grounds are lovely.  It rained on my wedding day, so we couldn't enjoy too much of the outside, but the insde was perfect for our approx. 90 guests with room to spare.The side room was perfect for the catering.
  • Options
    Hi, the Winter Park area is beautiful! If you need an officiant from the area I would recommend It's Official! http://www.itsofficial.webs.com

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards