Florida-Central Florida

Disney Destination Wedding Bachelorette Party???? HELP!

Hi ladies!

My sister is getting married 11-11-11 at Disney World at the Grand Floridian.  She would like to do her bachelorette party on the 9th and was hoping I could get some ideas!  We will all be staying on Disney property (movies and music, grand floridian, and cornado springs) and then from there, I have no idea.  I know Pleasure Island is closed so I'm kind of lost on what to do and where to go.  I would like to do somewhere fun and casual to eat, and then go out.  My sister likes kareoke or fun places that you can dance and are more laid back. Wondering about rides also if we do not go somewhere in walking distance, and if I should book a limo.

Any ideas would be appreciated!!!!

Re: Disney Destination Wedding Bachelorette Party???? HELP!

• edited December 2011
    Boardwalk is really cool, lot of restaurants to choose from. Right next to epcot if you want to drink around the world. I hear jellyrolls is fun but I have never been. Downtown Disney has house of blues. What do you want to know about rides?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There is Universal City Walk, it's about 20min from Disney.  That has a few clubs and restaurants.  There is also Pointe Orlando.  That has Howl At The Moon, B.B. Kings, and a couple of fun little restaurants.  One is Opa! Taverna, it's a Greek place that everyone gets involved in, you dance on the tables and throw napkins.  Then there is downtown Orlando, but that is about 30min from Disney and there isn't a lot going on during the week.

Disney has your more kid friendly rides, It's A Small World, Dumbo, etc.

Hollywood Studios has more grown up rides, the Aerosmith rollercoaster, Tower Of Terror, (and they serve beer)

Animal Kingdom has I think 2 rides, but you get really close to the animals and that's pretty cool.

Epcot is where you go to get drunk.  And during that time is the wine & food festival, so it's a lot of fun.  Epcot has 3 rides, but again, you go to Epcot to drink, not ride rides.

Good luck and I'm sure the bachelorette party will be super fun no matter what you do!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking to stay on disney property I would recommend going to Jellyrolls. Its a dueling piano bar at the boardwalk resort and you can get a bus to take you from Grand Floridian to Boardwalk for free. Pretty much any resort on property has a bus that will take you anywhere on disney property. There are lots of good restaurants at the different resorts. Citywalk is also a lot of fun, but you'd have to take a taxi or rent a car to get there. They have good restaurants and many different types of clubs/bars. They also have Rising Star which is the most amazing karoke bar I've ever been to. They have a live band and great drinks! Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out places on I-Drive! Baby grands dueling pianos! there are lots of fun places off that road!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Pointe Orlando and I Drive.  Lots of fun places there:  Howl at the Moon, Buffalo Wild Wings, cute little Tiki Bar that I can't remember the name of, not real aware of any karaoke places there, but I bet there has to be..

As far as transportation, yes, you would need that to get there.  Limo is always a fun way to go if you are financially able!!

If you're not into I Drive, you could always trek downtown to church street.  There are tons of bars down there for whatever type of feel you are going for. 

Good luck!!  =D
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_disney-destination-wedding-bachelorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:f5483eb5-7b16-4f8e-82c6-48567c8d5c99Post:f1144c6a-1198-4461-901e-4ae4ae2186c4">Re: Disney Destination Wedding Bachelorette Party???? HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out places on I-Drive! Baby grands dueling pianos! there are lots of fun places off that road!
    Posted by JamieLeigh88[/QUOTE]

Baby Grands is actually on Church street. Howl at the Moon is on International Drive. Howl at the Moon is a very popular place and is fun! However if you are looking to bar/club hop, you won't find it near there (Pointe Orlando would be the closest to there). Baby Grands on Church Street is downtown Orlando, you will find a ton of bars down there, but it's further away than Citywalk or I-Drive.

As far as close to Disney, like said Jellyrolls is on their property. With P.I. closed, there isn't really another "club scene" like that around. City Walk would be the closest (at Universal) and you are look at maybe a 20 minute cab ride. That will give you the best variety. They have all the restaurants and bars/clubs. Universal's website will show you the different bars, but they are fun! They do have a dueling piano bar there too (Pat O'brien's).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011

I second Jelly Rolls.  It keeps you on Disney property... and it's a lot of fun.

• herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My vote is for Epcot! I actually saw a bachelorette party there this weekend, when I was at Disney. You can drink and eat around the world and I think it would be a really fun time. You could then go over to the Boardwalk and go to Jellyrolls or Atlantic Dance Hall if you wanted to to dance. Have fun!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    you cant go wrong with Epcot! You get to drink all around the world! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DisneyMOHDisneyMOH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!  I like the drink around the world at Epcot and then the Jellyrolls place.  I will look into that Rising Star kareoke bar also if I can talk dad into a limo....LOL!  I appreciate all the feedback!  Huge help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards