Florida-Central Florida

wedding planner

Does anyone know how much a wedding planner costs? I don't really want one but I feel like I will miss and be overwhelmed with details if I don't maybe.  Plus my mom has a really busy schedule and can't always help me with things there.  TIA!

Re: wedding planner

• jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My coordinator is Karen with Exquisite Weddings of Central FL.  Here's her website:  http://www.exquisiteweddingscfl.com/index2.php#/info4/1/

Her packages start at $650 and go up to $3800.  Since you are out of state you probably wouldn't need a lot of the features that the more expensive ones offer (10 face to face meetings, visiting venues with you, etc).  Her packages are pretty extensive and she's been great to work with!!!  She was especially helpful with negotiating some things with vendors that we wanted to fit in our budget.  I would highly recommend her.  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops, I think I posted the address to her vendor link, because I was looking at it earlier and I just copied and pasted.  Her main site is:  http://www.exquisiteweddingscfl.com/index2.php#/home/
  • edited December 2011
    we are using Patty Manzo with Get me to the altar, she is VERY resonable and sooo helpful!!

Her website is http://www.getmetothealtar.com/

Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    what are the average prices? Thanks ladies
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found a day of coordinator for as low as 500$.  Some of them charge on average 750 to 900 for day of coordination and if you want full wedding planning, it is around 3000 dollars or more.  
  • vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest contact Ashlie Shea with wedinthecity.com or (407) 761-7066. She is one of the most highly recommended DOCs on the board. She has been my lifesaver and I couldn't be happier! She has quite a few package options available, but really loves her knottie and offers discounts! Let her know V sent you :] GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Kristy Rapp,and she is fantastic! She is costing anywhere from $500 and up.It can vary depending on how big aor extravagant your event is.
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    image 12 need to hurry up!
    RSVP Date:November 1
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    thanks girls. I don't want to hire a full time planner but I might have to just because of the distance and no one in my family besides myself is really wedding orrinted in knowing what to do and when.  I just need a side kick really to help me keep everything on track and all in order really.  I don't want someone who wants to plan it for me though, I need that control haha.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    irisheyez, Karen has been really good about that.  She is there when I need her and with what I need help with, but she isn't trying to be pushy and take over my planning.  I think her smaller or maybe second smaller package would meet what you are looking for.  She's really good about getting back to you immediately.  You should check her out.  =)  I was hesitant to hire a planner too, but I knew there were some areas (just like you are saying) that I just needed help with because I just didn't know how all this works!!  Plus, it would be really good to at least have a DOC at LMEC since it doesn't already come with one.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Ashlie from Weddings in the City. We definitely couldn't have managed the day without her and I heart her big-time!
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on what you want, we ended up hiring a partial planner because I am swamped and can't keep planning past what I have done. I am paying $2000 for full planning past the fact I have venue, church, photographer done. I loved Ashlie, but ended up going with Laurie from Bliss.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • edited December 2011
    I third Ashlie!  She was amazing!  My family loves her, and people who went to my wedding still talk about how wonderful she was.
  • edited December 2011
    we used Ashlie for just the day of but she will obviously contact you before then to help you work out details and she is there to listen to you through out the whole process. I did all the planning myself and she executed everything perfectly the day of! My DH even commented that "whatever we paid her was not enough!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards