Florida-Central Florida

Dance Lessons

Has anyone ever taken dance lessons through "Keeping Winter Park Beautiful"?  They're led by Stuart Nichols and I'm thinking about going.  Here's the brochure if anyone else is interested: 

http://www.kwpb.org/attachments/DanceDates.pdf

We will probably take some more serious lessons later on but I would like to introduce FI to the whole concept in a more laid back group setting before I force him to shell out some cash for private lessons.  This is only $80 for an 8-week session and I think if I can get him there he will actually really enjoy it and want more.  Also, I have this fantasy where we learn how to ballroom dance really well, like not just for the wedding but for real, so that one day we can be that adorable old couple with super sweet dance skills that everyone looks at and says 'awww, look how cute! i wanna be like them when I'm old!'   FI always says I plan too far in advance ... maybe he's got a point.  Haha. 

Re: Dance Lessons

• edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about that particular outfit, but as a lifetime ballet dancer I do know that you get what you pay for in dance instruction. We did private lessons with Michael Dean (www.mddancestudioz.com) and learned choreography, but he also does group classes. He's freakin' hysterical and DH was very much at ease with him (DH is soooo not a dancer and gets really self-conscious). He's definitely more expensive if you're going to do private lessons, but he's worth every penny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards