Florida-Central Florida
Options

timing of pictures

Ok so we are trying to decide when to have the ceremony start (4:30 or 5).  We are allowed 30 mins of pictures inside the church for pictures with family etc.  How long did you give for pictures of the two of you and with your bridal party after pictures with your fam inside the church?  Our CH starts at 6 and I wanted us to get there around 6:30/6:45.  TIA!

Re: timing of pictures

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on if you are taking any pictures before hand or not or if you want to go to multiple locations after the ceremony. I would allow for a full hour because organizing wedding party and family members can be difficult, especially if you have a large BP. Also, how long is your ceremony? I would talk to your photographer, mine is great at helping me figure out the timeline!
  • Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm alotting 2 hours for portraits. It's longer than normal, but I know I want to do my portraits downtown, so there will be walking involved, and then we can all be relaxed and not feel rushed.
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, how long is your ceremony and how far away is it from the reception hall?

and to answer your question... we're having thirty minutes inside the church because it is all they allow and then we will have a full hour of pictures at the portofino bay.  we have two hours in between the end of the ceremony and the cocktail hour.  I am not planning to have a whole lot of family members in the pictures at the church. Bridal party, us, his immediate family, my immediate family and that is pretty much it.  Pictures at the portofino will be stylized and posed with us and the bridal party.
    If you have a lot of extended family for pictures and you want the formal style not photojournalistic, you're going to need probably at least an hour.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It took us about 30 min to do family portraits and the whole wedding party together.  We had already done a lot of the wedding party pics before the ceremony (me with all my girls, me with my parents, DH with his boys, DH with his mom and sis) so that after the ceremony we just needed a few of us all together, and the family shots.  We only did immediate family (siblings, their families, and their kids) and we also took pictures of us together with each wedding party member (and their spouses).  Then we did about an hour of Bride/Groom pictures.

I was pretty well organized about who needed to be in each picture and had no problem directing everyone so that things went as smoothly and quickly as possible with as many people invovled. Everyone listened really well and we didn't have to waste any time trying to wrangle people lol 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards