Muslim Weddings

Entertainment

I'm having a fusion wedding of south Asian culture and traditional American culture.  Out of respect to my grandparents, we're not having any dancing.  What should we do to keep guests entertained?  I don't want people to be bored and leave early.

Re: Entertainment

• nessybarnessybar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a lot of experience, but why not have another kind of show, instead of dancing, or show a little wedding video of you and your SO?
  • edited December 2011

Hello. have dancing at your wedding anyways, but after 8 or 9 pm. Since the elders tend to leave earlier than your not so elder guests. But get a decent ipod player, load up your ipod with your and your hubbys fave songs and then that saves you the dj costs. Your grandparents, though I cant speak for all, would rather you not sacrifice fun on your own wedding day, for their sake. Ask them, if it would be fine if you had dancing a bit later on. If not, simple games like musical chairs, charades etc are always an idea, have fun with it, you want to look back on your wedding 50 yrs from now laughing at the fun memories!.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards