Asian Weddings

Wedding favors~ Korean style?

Ok...everyone! I have been trying so hard to incorporate some type of wedding favors that are Korean style. There are tons of favors that are Chinese and Japanese....so cute too..but I am Korean so it wouldn't make any sense....unfortunately, there aren't anything Korean...so disappointing. Anybody have good wedding favor ideas?

Re: Wedding favors~ Korean style?

• edited December 2011
    If you have a Korean market near you check out what they have for trinkets. Sometimes you'll find some cute keychains that are of a bride and groom at the stores. If you want something else you might want to find a Korean Bakery and pick up something there as a favor.
  • edited December 2011
    Chestnuts perhaps since they have some meaning.
  • edited December 2011
    you could also use the traditional korean pouches/purses to hold whatever favor you choose. Here's an example of a bride from another website. http://www.weddingbee.com/2006/09/11/extra-korean-magnets/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    It's not exactly Korean per say but my fiance and I are doing chopsticks with his name on one and mine on the other and tied together with a tag that says "a perfect pair".  We actually got the idea of the knot website!
  • pjpantspjpants member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could give 은수저 (un soo je?) - a korean chopstick and spoon set.  My FILs recently went to a wedding where they were packed in paper envelopes. Oddly enough, they use them everyday instead of the ones in the drawer now.  If you're having a lot of non-Koreans there, they might like to have them since they're different from the normal wooden ones. 
  • edited December 2011
    When I was in Seoul they had these cute cell phone straps made of clay that were dressed as brides and grooms.  Maybe you could find them in a Korean market or online?
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is Korean and we are having trouble finding favors too.
    Right now, we are planning on custom fortune cookies, even though that is more Chinese instead of Korean.
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    Try looking at www.korean-arts.com. They have a lot of cute things you could buy (not sure in bulk, but you could probably email them for big orders).

If you have trouble buying Korean favors, you could buy a bunch of cheap fans and tie a cute tag with your names in Korean on them, or have a Korean motif instead.
  • edited December 2011
    i was a bridesmaid for my korean friends wedding

she had cupcakes for favors...she had a white box tied with a ribbon and a monogram sticker..1 cup cake per box
  • MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you have one accessible, but maybe check out a Korean grocery store and get some Korean candy that you can put in a favor box?

Otherwise, I second PP who mentioned Korean-Arts.  I ordered our wedding ducks from them-they have lot of cute and inexpensive items.
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards