Asian Weddings
Options

Filipino Wedding Outside of Church

So my fiance' and i decided not to get married in the church, however, we still want to carry out some filipino wedding traditions.

Have any of you done this outside of the church? What has been the order of doing things like the coins/cord/veil?

Any input would be great! Thanks in advance!

Re: Filipino Wedding Outside of Church

• Options
    vsantos715vsantos715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's coins then veil then cord
  • Options
    rubyfrubyf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to two other filipino weddings outside of a church (they were outdoor weddings).  rubyf is correct about the order too :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    coins, veil and cord hon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

hello,

i did a nondemonitional ceremony but still incoporated filipino traditions such as cord, veil, sponsors, and coins.

aimee

• Options
    csbalagotcsbalagot member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiancee is italian/polish.  It's going to be a simple american type of ceremony but my wedding party will be wearing barong tagalogs for men and filipiniana inspired dress for the women. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having an outdoor non-denominational wedding and I'm incorporating the coins,veil and cord tradition. This tradition is also followed by Spanish/Mexican heritage. I didn't think I would find an officiant that would know this but since I live in Texas, I found that it's a common tradition. Check with your local organization for wedding chaplains.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!
  • Options
    rozmopolitanrozmopolitan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

Not sure if you can help me, but I was wondering about when in a non denominational wedding ceremony would you have the coins, cord veil and cord traditions done?  We are getting married on the beach in Key West and since it is a short ceremony, I'm wondering where this would fall in.  I'm also going to beef up the ceremony a little and have my Godson read a poem, and then my FI and I will do self written vows. 

My FI and my father will wear barongs, my mother will wear Maria Clara and I will wear a knee lentgh or tea length wedding dress.  Our 2 sons and my nephew will wear barongs also. 

Thanks!

Roz
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Do you have to do the candle unity? Can we replace it with the sand untiy instead?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards