Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Need Honeymoon location help!!!

We need help figuring out where to honeymoon!  We have a decent budget, don't want to exceed 6,000 (including everything, airfare, excursions etc..).  We can't figure out where to go.   We really want an AI and we really want a private pool.  I also want to go somewhere that have animal encounters like snorkeling with turtles or something like that.  Anyone have any ideas or personal experiences that might work with what we want?? We'll honeymooon in June or July.  Thanks for your help!

Re: Need Honeymoon location help!!!

• Options
    Hi,
    Congrats on your upcoming marriage! I just wanted to make a quick little suggestion...Curacao is a really beautiful island and it's one that gets the least amount of rain during June and July (April through Oct. is usually the rainy season in the Caribbean). It has a dolphin academy where you can swim with dolphins or you guys can just snorkle and I'm sure you'd still see plenty of sea life. Also, most resorts offering private pools are places like Sandals or Breezes. I've never been to one of these, but my cousin recently married at Sandals St. Lucia. These kind of resorts are really great for honeymooners who want their vacations all set for them: they are all-inclusive and have tons of amenities, but there is a major downside--- />they are often far away from the downtown areas. Unless you journey away from the resort, you won't really see much of the island you're visiting (not counting the drive to and from the resort and airport).

If you guys *really* want a private pool, I would recommend renting a private villa. They have them all over the Caribbean and they are AH-Mazing. You basically have your own mansion and pool and most can be had for between $250 and 500 a night...you'll probably be able to get it on the lower end since you guys are going off-season. The only downside is you don't get amenities like room service, but usually the owners of the villa come by a couple times to restock towels and check in on you and *some* even pre-stock your fridge for you so you'll have groceries when you arrive.

Well, just wanted to throw a couple ideas out there. I hope you have a fabulous honeymoon wherever you go...Congrats, again!

Ben (over the phone): What are you doing?

Me: Just eating Nerds and watching "Nightmare on Elm Street."

Ben: Oh. I didn't know you were a cannibal.

• Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited November 2010
    curacao has only one AI-breezes. but i agree with the PP-the snorkeling was the best i've seen  (dh and i spent a week there). at the sea aquarium there are opportunities to swim iwth shark, turtles and dolphins. as for turtles-i've seen those a few times snorkeling in mexico.
    i also somewhat disagree about the location of AIs in relation to the towns. in many towns and cities in mexico there are AIs right in town (cancun, playa del carmen, tulum). curacao is the same. breezes is only about 10 minutes from willemstad but there are restaurants all along the beach there too. you have to check on a map to see where the places are in relation to a town. then again-0a lot of AIs aren't in the towns along riviera maya in mexico-which is why you have to look.
    as for the private pool-do you mean priviate to the hotel or private to yur room or villa?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards