Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Key West

My FI and I are looking into going to the Southernmost Beach Hotel in Key West, FL. Has anyone stayed here? It looks amazing online! Any sites for package deals? Such as hotel, car, and flight
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Key West

• Options
    We're going to Key West too!  I used Trip Advsior to check reviews of the hotels we considere staying at: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34345-d224530-Reviews-Southernmost_on_the_Beach-Key_West_Florida_Keys_Florida.html

You should check out Fury Water Adventures too, I just found them the other day and am EXCITED to do one of their trips! :)
  • Options
    H and I stayed there for our HM just last year.  We absolutely loved the hotel and Key West.  We loved the fact that hotel is on the quieter end of Duvall Street so if we just wanted to lay around in the hammocks and watch the sunset we could, but then just a stroll up the street provided a lot of restaurants, bars and people watching.

The pool at the hotel was very nice and it had a full service bar with a wait staff that would come around and take orders or just bring you ice water if needed.

The restaurant at the hotel had some great food.  H and I ate there 3 or 4 times for both breakfast, a snack, and a dinner.  All the food was very yummy (I especially loved their buffalo wings).

The hotel also had a lot of activites but H and I were too busy exploring to take part.

But I will second PP about Fury.  H and I did their sunset cruise "Commotion on the Ocean" and also their dolphin/snorkel trip.  We had a blast on both and the crews on each boat were fantastic and extremely nice.

Needless to say, H and I would go back to both Key West and the Southernmost on the Beach in a heartbeat.

• Options

Check out SUP Key West. I enjoyed my tour with them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_key-west-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:bfd64171-56d0-417c-8122-6333acd82f95Post:c1f5aa87-2b76-43dd-8bce-73afa49556c3">Re: Key West</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I stayed there for our HM just last year.  We absolutely loved the hotel and Key West.  We loved the fact that hotel is on the quieter end of Duvall Street so if we just wanted to lay around in the hammocks and watch the sunset we could, but then just a stroll up the street provided a lot of restaurants, bars and people watching. The pool at the hotel was very nice and it had a full service bar with a wait staff that would come around and take orders or just bring you ice water if needed. The restaurant at the hotel had some great food.  H and I ate there 3 or 4 times for both breakfast, a snack, and a dinner.  All the food was very yummy (I especially loved their buffalo wings). The hotel also had a lot of activites but H and I were too busy exploring to take part. But I will second PP about Fury.  H and I did their sunset cruise "Commotion on the Ocean" and also their dolphin/snorkel trip.  We had a blast on both and the crews on each boat were fantastic and extremely nice. Needless to say, H and I would go back to both Key West and the Southernmost on the Beach in a heartbeat.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

We're going at high time of the year, and I've been wondering how far in advance we should book our cruises, any advice, Maggie?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_key-west-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:bfd64171-56d0-417c-8122-6333acd82f95Post:89b3c578-9405-48f8-b675-9888141e5cdd">Re: Key West</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Key West : We're going at high time of the year, and I've been wondering how far in advance we should book our cruises, any advice, Maggie?
    Posted by Jinxed329[/QUOTE]

Well, H and I just kind of went with the flow of things.  We didn't pre-book anything until we got down there.  Each day we just woke up and said to each other "So what do you want to do today?"  LOL!  We just stopped by the Fury kiosks that they have all over Duvall Street and saw what was available.  One thing that we wanted to do, which was an all day water adventure was sold out so we went with the dolphin cruise.  We also didn't want to book anything too far in advance because you just never know what the weather would do, but I do believe that Fury's cruises are rain or shine so there is that.

But I think since you are going during busy season I would call and ask Fury when the best time to book their cruises are, but IMO, I would book about a week or so out.  That way you have a somewhat better outlook on the weather.  Also, if you book early I think you get a discount.

• Options
    We've been to KW 3 yrs in a row. We've never stayed at Southernmost we stay at the Hyatt on Front St but I do have three very detailed review that include things to do and places to eat as well as a few hundred pics. They are all in the link above my siggy pic. I do believe I have a pic of the back end of Southermost on the last day of 2010 pics. I took it because one of our big things is private balcony. Southernmost does not have that :
  • Options
    I recommend the Dry Tortugas day trip.  It's pricey, but I think it's worth it.  There's some really cool snorkeling (we saw a nurse shark, giant starfish, a Man O' War, tons of cool coral and fish, and we were only out for about 15 minutes--the nurse shark freaked us out, ha), and the fort is cool if you like historical stuff at all (I don't really like it, but I still thought it was interesting).  Just take some dramamine for the return trip.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards