Honeymoon Discussions

Finally BOOKED! Hawaii here we come!

We FINALLY booked our honeymoon and we are so excited!  We are staying at the Royal Lahaina Resort in Maui.  We have done tons of research but I would love to hear any advice/tips you all have about the resort, Lahaina area, good restaurants, things to do, etc!  Looking forward to reading your responses!  :)
Anniversary

Re: Finally BOOKED! Hawaii here we come!

• I LOVE MAUI!! I went in summer of 2010. I stayed in Lahaina too! :)

Things to do I'd highly recommend:

Old Lahaina Luau--some luaus are tacky, but this one is authentic, un-cheesy and right on the water! Food and mai tais are FANTASTIC.

Snorkeling with Gemini Charters in Kaanapali--this is a smaller company that only takes 50 people max on its snorkeling excursions, and they depart from Kaanapali (10 minutes from Lahaina.) It is SO much better to go snorkeling w/ them than going with a company that packs 150+ people on a boat, it's more intimate and the boat doesn't feel crowded at all. Plus you will get a catered lunch by the Westin Maui on the way back (food was great!) and there is an open bar after you snorkel! Very fun.

I'd also recommend eating at Aloha Mixed Plate (in Lahaina) and the Pineapple Grill (in Kapalua.) They were my absolute favorite restaurants on the island (and we were there for 2 weeks so we tried a lot of different places!) Mixed Plate is very affordable, Pineapple Grill is pricier.

I'd also recommend Kapalua Beach. It was beautiful, calm, uncrowded and excellent for snorkeling.

Feel free to message me privately if you have any other Maui questions! I loved it there and I am sure you will have a wonderful time!
  • This sounds great.  We cant make up our mind between Hawaii or USVIUndecided

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I too suggest the Old Lahaina Luau.  When we were there just in January we did the Atlantis Submarine, Maui Ocean Center, Maui Tropical Plantation, and a helicopter tour of Molokai.

We also did the Road to Hana, which I wasn't too thrilled with but other people love it.  And we did the Haleakala Crater at sunrise. That was beautiful. But dress warm!
    Anniversary
  • You are going to have an AMAZING time in Maui.  H and I honeymooned in hawaii as well and wish we were still there!!! You must go to the Old Lahania Luau, it is the absolute best! The food is amazing, it is so authentic, the show is amazing...the whole experience was just amazing! 

Make sure you do the road to Hana.  It is a very long day but worth every second! You can either book a group tour and rent a car ( a jeep would be your best bet) and drive the road on your own.  Just be careful on your route to Hana.  You want to make sure you start in the correct starting point and head towards Hana because coming the other way puts you on the cliff side and that my friend is extremely dangerous and there has been many people go off the side!  There are not many guard rails along Hana Highway at all so make sure you have the inside of the road!

Snorkeling is also very fun on Maui!  We snorkeled at Molokini ( this may be to far out of your way from Lahaina, but we have been told Molokini was one of the best snorkeling spots)

There is just sooooo much to do on Maui. Zip lining, horse back riding, snorkeling, snuba or scuba diving, Hana, Luaus , etc.  You and your H will be busy the whole time!!! It is an amazing vacation!!! ENJOY :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Thank you all so much for your suggestions!!!  We are so excited to check all of these things out!!!  
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards