July 2012 Weddings
Options

WTF Wednesday!!

Happy Hump Day  Knotties!!!  Please vent here!!!

Re: WTF Wednesday!!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    The past two nights I have gotten crap for sleep..I know I've slept, but it doesn't feel like it...Then last night FI & Clyde were up & down, up & down...Clyde wouldn't settle down & of course he wakes up right at 7am when I don't need to be up for another hour...and what does FI do, just ignores him and let's him do it several times...dude don't you get the hint that he has to go out..thats why he's up!  I don' take him out in the am because well, I sleep without clothes on and by the time I get dressed he pees on the floor where FI can just take him out!  ugh...,for real...you know I've been sleeping like crap, just take him out once you know he's up instead of shaking the bed.....GAH!!

& of course this happens the day I have to work both jobs back to back...here's to a 12hr day....Have a good one knotties!   =)  <3
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Aww I'm sorry LM! Man, having a dog sounds just like having a baby.

My WTF is that I woke up in the middle of the night because it felt like a piece of glass was caught in my eye, it hurt sooo bad! I have NO idea how it got there when I was sleeping, whatever it was. I was up for 20 minutes with my eye watering trying to get whatever it was out. No such luck. I think my eye might be scratched because after all that, there can't possibly be anything in there now. But it still hurts like crazy! I am only wearing one contact today and no eye makeup. Ugh can I just go back to bed??
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I want to go back to bed too...hopefully your eyes feels better very very soon!!  Clyde is a big baby...he was FI's idea...
  • Options
    My WTF moment has passed but yesterday I was annoyed.

FI claimed that he was 'soooo sick.'  He said he had a sore throat and was feeling achy so I offered to buy him some soup and some cough medicine but he said he didn't need it but he had plans to go out that night.

I called him around 11am to ask how he was feeling because he was working from home.  He said that he still didn't feel well and he didn't think he was going to go out afterall.

I came home after dinner with a friend to find a note from FI saying that he went out after all.  He comes home, wakes me up and says he feels totally fine....
  • Options
    I don't think I have anything today, I already got it all out yesterday (thanks ladies!)

But I am really sad for our dog, he looks thinner :( I hope to god he's going to feel better soon. He's still energentic, but I hate seeing that he may have lost some weight. I just wish I could sit down with him and explain that eating deer isn't such a good idea and that he'll need to be on a different diet until he feels better and how it's probably not a good idea having him sleep in the house while he's sick (he sleeps in the garage right now, it has floor heating and insulation so it's warm and it has a doggy door leading to outside).

I also need to start exercising again.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So last night I was going through our guest list trying to really finalize it.  So FI has like 4 couples on the list that he isnt sure about- they have been listed since day 1.  So last night I asked him what his thoughts are about them and what does he want me to do keep them or take them off. 

Well FI like flips out.  Says- REally do I have to make this decision right now?  So I respond with now how about we just wait another 4 months and ended the conversation.

I am just annoyed because again these people have been on the list since the start so either include them or dont.  Plus he knows I am trying to start on our seating chart and what he decides about these people makes a difference.
  • Options

Where does the time go?  My WTF is how did only 98 days till the wedding get here so fast?

We are certainly on the downward hill part!

I went back to bed this morning after FI left for work and had the weirdest dreams.  Ugh, I should have just stayed up and started my day.

• Options
    @ Ceglare - Sorry about your eye! FI had something like that happen last year and it ended up being that his contact lense had scratched his eye and it got infected. Don't be shy about going to the dr. if it doesn't get better soon. Waiting can have long term affects, and your eyes are not something you want to f with!

My WTF is that I hate conference calls with the U.S. office! Ppl sit around someone's office with me on speaker phone, and they blab to each other and make jokes, and I can't hear wtf they are saying. It sounds like they are whispering to each other, until one of them cracks a joke, and suddenly it's blaringly loud with their obnoxious laughter. I wish they would just use some common sense and realize you need to speak into the mic or else don't expect me to follow what you're all saying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry girls! I hope your days all get better!!

I really don't have one today, thank goodness! Sunday FI did give me a WTF moment though lol He ALWAYS feels the need to wake me up when he has to get up. He had to go into work (had to=volunteered to) Sunday morning, so instead of feeding the cats (who get up in your face and meow until they are fed in the mornings), he tells them to ask me for food. WTF! I want to sleep! It was like 7am!! I have to work 6 days in a row this week, all at 8am...I REALLY wanted to sleep in ONE day!! (I didn't get to on Saturday either.) I never, ever wake him up on Mondays and Tuesdays when I have to go to work and he doesn't. So frustrating!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Bmore - HA! This just confirms my original suspicion that we're being totally rude at my firm. We usually converge in a conference room and, since we're the largest office for our firm, we're usually running the call with about 10 people on our line on speaker. I can tell the people in Atlanta and Houston and Miami etc. are like "WHAT ARE THEY SAYING!? STOP TALKING AMONGST YOURSELVES!" So, I apologize on behalf of America. :)

My WTF is regarding my job. I know I should be thankful to have a job; that's not my point. The WTF aspect is I am working insane hours - 9am until 2am lately, and having to work all weekend - and we don't get overtime but it's just expected you're available 24/7. I'm not getting enough sleep and I can't go to the gym because I have too much work and I feel like a blob. WAHHHHHHH.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My WTF is that I bought my phone 10 days ago from Verizon and they already screwed me! I am paying twice the amount of money I was paying for my last phone because the verizon guy totally screwed me and told me that the data charges were included with my monthly bill so it would be super cheap for me since I have a discount through my work and now I am stuck with this and paying double!! WTF! I love how I get service everywhere, but i didn't not expect to pay double that what i was paying!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Wow, this is a really tough week for knotties!!! I don't really have one this week, but to respond to some of you:

ceglare: GO TO THE EYE DOCTOR!!! I had a contact fall apart in my eye last year (only I didn't really know what had happened) and one of the small shards of contact got stuck up above my eye. It ended up really severely scratching my eyeballs - I had to use antibiotics and keep my contact out for about 3 weeks. It was miserable, but had i not gone to the eye doctor and had her remove all the pieces of the contact up above my eye...it could have been really, really terrible. I would make an appointment and seriously go today if you can - you never know what it could be!

bridetobe: i am SO SORRY about your work schedule!!! I seriously feel beyond lucky to be where I am with my firm (although I am sure my salary is probably half of what yours is) a normal day for me is 9-5 and I don't have a minimum billable hour requirement! Are you planning to stay with your firm long term?? god, I can't imagine having so much work to do that I had to stay at the office until 2am....

and mekiakoo and LM: I have always wanted a dog, but fiance has said no, they are too much work, we might as well just have a baby already rather than get a dog...well, you guys are making me tend to agree more with fiance than I ever had on this, haha!

oh, as always, my only WTF of the moment is annoying loud co-worker man. He is currently trying to talk baby-talk to his 5 month old baby on the phone. Except he is kind of screaming/singing at her. It sounds like he is on a megaphone. it has been going on for 10 minutes. UGH! I guess babytalk is better than the gravestone purchasing argument he had yesterday that lasted for 45 minutes with his brother....

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d8a8e7cc-5e53-4b5d-b8ce-413891fe10cbPost:9f1da2bf-3dc1-4591-acff-b5e734006fff">Re: WTF Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]bridetobe: i am SO SORRY about your work schedule!!! I seriously feel beyond lucky to be where I am with my firm (although I am sure my salary is probably half of what yours is) a normal day for me is 9-5 and I don't have a minimum billable hour requirement! Are you planning to stay with your firm long term?? god, I can't imagine having so much work to do that I had to stay at the office until 2am....
    oh, as always, my only WTF of the moment is annoying loud co-worker man. He is currently trying to talk baby-talk to his 5 month old baby on the phone. Except he is kind of screaming/singing at her. It sounds like he is on a megaphone. it has been going on for 10 minutes. UGH! I guess babytalk is better than the gravestone purchasing argument he had yesterday that lasted for 45 minutes with his brother....
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

I have a 2100 billable requirement, but I never really worry about it because I'm here all.the.time. anyway. I need to get out of here, ASAP. If I could find another job in NYC, I would already be there. It's just such a saturated legal market that it's nearly impossible to find another job. The only thing getting me through the days is that we are probably moving within the next 2 years to Cincinnati, fiance's hometown, where he has a lot of connections and hopefully the hours will be better for both of us.  (Hi, BrightFirefly!!!!)

And, ew. Your co-worker sounds like the WORST. Gravestones and babytalk? I would probably flip out on him. I have no patience!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d8a8e7cc-5e53-4b5d-b8ce-413891fe10cbPost:d7ab01a6-c457-4e9b-ac56-e412440441b2">Re: WTF Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF Wednesday!! : I have a <strong>2100</strong> billable requirement, but I never really worry about it because I'm here all.the.time. anyway. I need to get out of here, ASAP. If I could find another job in NYC, I would already be there. It's just such a saturated legal market that it's nearly impossible to find another job. The only thing getting me through the days is that we are probably moving within the next 2 years to Cincinnati, fiance's hometown, where he has a lot of connections and hopefully the hours will be better for both of us.  (Hi, BrightFirefly!!!!) And, ew. Your co-worker sounds like the WORST. Gravestones and babytalk? I would probably flip out on him. I have no patience!
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

wowzers - that's a lot!!!!

yes, co-worker is the ABSOLUTE WORST. he is terrible. Have I mentioned that he spends most of the day chewing tobacco, and he keeps water bottles on his desk to spit his brown tobacco spit into?

I LOVE Cincinnati!! When fiance and I were doing the long distance thing, he lived in Cinci for 2 years while I was still in Indy finishing law school. I visited a LOT!! There are lots of fun things to do there and you will be approx. 1 hr and 42 minutes (this was my average drive time when speeding 10mph over the limit) from Indy :)
  • Options
    Don't tempt me to visit you! I JUST MAY DO IT!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My WTF is that I'm about to marry the guy of my dreams, we just bought and are almost done with the process of getting a wonderful beautiful house, and that is all awesome but it makes the whole being jobless situation sll the more frustrating. I've gone to two job fairs in two days and talked to literally one school where I could work and they weren't even sure they were hiring. The other school which was hiring counselors (and had amazing pay) would mean I had a four hour commute...WTF...I wish the last thing would just fall into place already (then I hate myself a little for being greedy and ungrateful)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d8a8e7cc-5e53-4b5d-b8ce-413891fe10cbPost:8820823b-255e-4486-a8a6-92e624f5c10a">Re: WTF Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't tempt me to visit you! I JUST MAY DO IT!!! :)

haha!! that would be amaazziinnggggg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d8a8e7cc-5e53-4b5d-b8ce-413891fe10cbPost:d7ab01a6-c457-4e9b-ac56-e412440441b2">Re: WTF Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF Wednesday!! : <strong>I have a 2100 billable requirement,</strong> but I never really worry about it because I'm here all.the.time. anyway. I need to get out of here, ASAP. If I could find another job in NYC, I would already be there. It's just such a saturated legal market that it's nearly impossible to find another job. The only thing getting me through the days is that we are probably moving within the next 2 years to Cincinnati, fiance's hometown, where he has a lot of connections and hopefully the hours will be better for both of us.  (Hi, BrightFirefly!!!!) And, ew. Your co-worker sounds like the WORST. Gravestones and babytalk? I would probably flip out on him. I have no patience!

HOLY CRAP!! I only have 120hr billable requirement! Yikes, I couldn't imagine 2100! and I definately don't miss the 2 am working shifts. I work 9-5 now and i quite enjoy it. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    So sorry for all you that are having a rough day! Hope it gets better.

LM - I totally sympathize with you. While I don't worry about getting up in the mornings with our puppy (cause walking her gets me my exercises and makes me feel better), I do hate sharing the bed sometimes! My FI was complaining about how he doesn't get enough of the bed now with her in it, and I reminded him that at least he has a whole side to stretch out on...I get mushed between the two of them so tightly I can barely move! LOL!

I don't really have WTF moment to share. Things are pretty good here...I am just trying to regain focus before the next and FINAL school term starts and getting very anxious about hearing back from the school where I applied for my Masters program at.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Looks like a good day for some WTFs, girls! 

Today is a shitty job day for me.  I just don't know how I'm going to suffer through one more year of working under my current boss.  She's by far one of the dumbest people I've ever encountered in my entire life and she makes my (job) life an absolute living hell.  Not to mention I'm currently working 2 completely separate job titles/positions and only getting paid for one... and a lousy one at that.

Wah.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My WTF is also dog related. Riley has developed separation anxiety SO BAD since we've moved to San Francisco and it's gotten to the point where we can't leave him anywhere to have a weekend away or anything. The last two times we've left him somewhere they've had to call us to come pick him up because he's pacing and barking all night. 

The last time we went anywhere for more than one night without him was 22 months ago!!! I'm so so sick of it. We would not be able to take our honeymoon if FI's mom didn't volunteer to stay at our house for 10 days. She lives in Denver, she shouldn't have to do that! I feel like I live in a nut-house.

We took him to the vet last summer to try to get some treatment for the separation anxiety and that's when we found out he has cancer. So after that his anxiety was the least of our concerns but now we're talking about taking a trip before wedding activities start taking up most of our time but we can't just pick up and go. We're specifically waiting a few years to have kids so that we aren't tied down but seriously? We're already tethered!

And this sounds awful but part of me blames FI for this because this was his dog originally and he babied him too much and played games with him where he would hide and Riley would find him. I think Riley is constantly thinking Luke is hiding from him. 

I want to take a weekend trip dog-free. That's all. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012

I ordered these cute fake orchids for my bridesmaids to wear in their hair off etsy. They came yesterday and when I opened the box they were WAY smaller than I thought they would be. They are maybe 2 inches, if that. I was thinking they were larger, something similar to a real sized flower. So now I think I wasted $30 for nothing on them :-( Not the end of the world I know, but dissapointing. Tgis is what the posting looked like:

Then I've been sick for the last week and half, I think I have a sinus infection and just need to go to the doctor and get medicine. I'm just saving all of my PTO for upcoming wedding events, so hard to take time off.

Wishing everyones day and drama gets better and turns into a  Happy Hump Day! ;-)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards