Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon under $2000- Possible?

We are REALLY wanting to go to Mexico and stay at an AI resort. I have found many options for under $2000 (airfare has to be included) but they arent the best or even almost best options and so Im not sure what to do. We are paying for everything ourselves so it has been hard to only budget this amount for the honeymoon :/ . Has anyone else had a great honeymoon on this type of budget? Or can you suggest some other options for $2000?

Re: Honeymoon under $2000- Possible?

• Options
    You're in Atlanta, so why not go to Seaside, FL?  It's about 4ish hours away, so you could drive.  It's also very very very nice, and you could easily rent a condo on the beach for a week in that budget.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    save the mexican AI for an anniversary trip when you have the money to spend for where you REALLY want to go.  

• Options
    We went on a cruise for our HM and it was well under $2,000.  We had a great time.  One of our stops was in Mexico.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i would say a cruise or a couple people i know took a honeymoon through cheap carribbean.com
  • Options
    We HM'ed in Hawaii but it cost more than 2K because we took both of our kids. I booked through priceline name your own price and got an awesome deal. we paid less than $700 / person and it included airfare and hotel stay for one week.

We also wanted to do Mexico but since none of us have passports, we decided to wait until we have a bigger budget.
  • Options
    mandolinjanemandolinjane member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Hi - this is my first post! 

So we are also looking at AI resorts for our honeymoon (and on a budget). I've been keeping an eye of Living Social and Groupon for their "escape" deals for an offer near our wedding date in October.  They offer steep discounts for lots of locales, lots of AI resorts, some with/without airfare, but they are usually only good for use a certain window of time. The closer we get to October, I think the more options will come up for us.

Here's an example of an option today for one at 3.9 star resort in Cabo:

"Five-Night All-Inclusive Stay for Two Adults and Two Kids in a Deluxe Room Between April 7 and August 11, 2013 ($720) or Between February 4 and April 6, 2013 ($960)"

So obviously, these offers all vary, you'd have to check out the resort on another site before you commit, and factor in airfare, etc. I've never purchased a trip through these sites, but this is my current strategy to find a deal - hope it helps!

• Options
    We went on a cruise from Puerto Rico. It was right around $2000 for flights and the boat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Even if you go with one of the cheaper resorts in Mexico they will still treat you like royalty. I guess I don't get the idea that if you go on a honeymoon you have to have the nicest resort or one of the nicest resorts. Even in Mexico the price of a resort can be anywhere from $1500-10k. So just because you aren't spending more than 6-8k doesn't mean your honeymoon won't be amazing.

We had a similar budget when we went in September of 2010 and we had the most amazing time. I have never been treated so well before or even since then. It was worth every penny and I still don't get how those resorts can make money with everything they offer. It was awesome.

Hopefully some of the other posts helped you as well. You have a lot of options.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-under-2000-possible?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:c3779259-5558-4530-8207-3eb54ccb6b74Post:0e25add0-82f0-4e5a-b329-62c9550df938">Honeymoon under $2000- Possible?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are REALLY wanting to go to Mexico and stay at an AI resort. I have found many options for under $2000 (airfare has to be included) but they arent the best or even almost best options and so Im not sure what to do. We are paying for everything ourselves so it has been hard to only budget this amount for the honeymoon :/ . Has anyone else had a great honeymoon on this type of budget? Or can you suggest some other options for $2000?
    Posted by meagan_kidd[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree that a cruise might be a good option for you if you want the all-inclusive experience but have to keep it under $2k. Celebrity is going to be the nicest of the mid-range cruise lines and would be great for a honeymoon. Another option? Take a look at Dreams Resorts by AmResorts. They have all-inclusive options in the Mayan Riviera that are reasonably priced.</div>
  • Options
    I have taken AI vacations in Jamaica and Domincan Republic and found just about your price range.  Blue Bay in Puerto Plata $1100  for both of us (the first time), then $1600 (the second time).  that resort was a  small which I love.

Jamaica was a bit more expensive and the resort had over 8 restaurants and 10 bars.  I believe it was Grand Palladium.  All the rooms were villas and huge.  we paid $1100 per person.

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think a cruise is your best bet.  Check out some of the deals here:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards