Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Thoughts on Dubai? (not for a honeymoon)

H and I are thinking of taking a vacation to Dubai.  It doesn't seem like the prices are too outrageous if you book the flight and hotel together.  Has anyone been to Dubai?  Thoughts?
Anniversary

Re: Thoughts on Dubai? (not for a honeymoon)

• Options
    We went in 2009 and loved it.  We stayed with family, so we didn't have to pay for accomidations so I can't comment on that aspect. We flew Emirates. It was the most luxurious economy class experience I've ever had.  Dubai is extremely modern, clean, and safe.  We felt comfortable everywhere.  Definitely do a desert excursion if you have time. We used Arabian Adventures and went on a camel ride in the desert. Jumeirah beach is the best deal around. It was about 3 dirhams to get in when we went, and we can now say we went for a swim in the Arabian gulf.  Definitely go to the souks (markets) and have fun haggling.  Just remember to dress appropriately (no tank tops), remember that public displays of affetion are generally frowned upon (leave it for the hotel room) and other than that you'll have a fantastic time.
  • Options
    My husband and his BFF (our groomswoman) both went while in the Navy and loved it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_thoughts-on-dubai-not-for-a-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:c418c117-9581-4000-9d22-298520285035Post:fef08c9f-f4e6-450a-8de3-6757806ae50b">Thoughts on Dubai? (not for a honeymoon)</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I are thinking of taking a vacation to Dubai.  It doesn't seem like the prices are too outrageous if you book the flight and hotel together.  Has anyone been to Dubai?  Thoughts?
    Posted by ljsquintz[/QUOTE]

<div>I've had friends vacation in Dubai and really enjoy it--but they were travelling from India.  It's definitely some place I'd love to go, but I understand it is rather expensive (the per capita GDP for the UAE is similar to the US, so I would assume that Abu Dhabi and Dubai are expensive like a big US city).  I do think you can do Dubai affordably if you plan carefully--and a package sounds like a good way to go.  Are there other destinations you're looking at?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_thoughts-on-dubai-not-for-a-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:c418c117-9581-4000-9d22-298520285035Post:9b60815e-c8e7-4236-b62f-614c450516cd">Re: Thoughts on Dubai? (not for a honeymoon)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Thoughts on Dubai? (not for a honeymoon) : I've had friends vacation in Dubai and really enjoy it--but they were travelling from India.  It's definitely some place I'd love to go, but I understand it is rather expensive (the per capita GDP for the UAE is similar to the US, so I would assume that Abu Dhabi and Dubai are expensive like a big US city).  I do think you can do Dubai affordably if you plan carefully--and a package sounds like a good way to go.  Are there other destinations you're looking at?
    Posted by freebread03[/QUOTE]

We want to do some major travelling before we have kids so we're pretty open.  My other dream vacation is Thailand.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards