Honeymoon Discussions

Bermuda honeymoon (in August)

Hi Ladies!

My FI and I are thinking about honeymoon options for the first week in August (wedding is July 28).  We don't want anywhere that is going to be too hot and humid.  We live in Charleston, SC so we know all about the humidity!! Anyway - my current thought is Bermuda and I wondered if anyone had been there? Thoughts? 

Thanks in advance! Any advice is appreciated. :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bermuda honeymoon (in August)

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We married in Bermuda!!!  Awesome, awesome place.

We went to the Dockyards (glass blowing, dolphin-swimming), St. George (gorgeous little shipping town), Hamilton (food, shopping).  Lots of boat rides are available, lighthouses and fort site seeing.  We played golf a few days!  We went to the aquarium/zoo/museum one day.  We also biked the abandoned railway trail and go to see parts of the island that were just so quiet and beautiful.  We also saw the Crystal Caves - gorgeous!

We stayed (and married) at The Reefs in Southampton (just down the road from the Southamptom Princess).  It was an excellent hotel.  My husband and I also wandered off to random restaurants for afternoon lunches and drinks by the water.

If you want to see pics or a list of what we did, you can check out my married bio (link in siggy).  I highly recommend Bermuda!  The locals are incredibly kind, the water activities and views are beautiful, and you will just relax and enjoy :-)
  • We adore Bermuda! There is so much to see but it is still beyond relaxing. If you go to Astwood Beach Park and are willing to climb over some rock formations you might be treated to a private little cove for the entire day like we were :) It is hot and humid there in the summer though, FYI.
  • I was in Bermuda in late July - it was hot, but not unbearable, and not very humid.

It was also amazing. I wanted to go back there for our honeymoon, but my fi wanted to go somewhere new.

Get a public bus pass, even if you go there on a cruise. I think we paid about $30 each for unlimited transit for 4 days (buses and ferries). Just riding the bus is amazing, there isn't an inch of that island that isn't beautiful!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to Bermuda with my family a few years ago in August and it was wonderful.  Hot but not super humid.  Like PP we stayed at The Reefs which is the hotel my parents return to every 5 years for their anniversary.  It's not AI but it's a wonderful hotel!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards