Honeymoon Discussions
Options

HM weather is NOT cooperating!!

We are leaving for our HM this Saturday - we're taking a Caribbean cruise that leaves from Miami. So far it's scheduled to have t-storms on Sunday in Miami, and showers in both Nassau and St. Thomas on the days we're there. Craptastic.

I really hope things clear up for us :(
BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog

Re: HM weather is NOT cooperating!!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    When I went on a cruise in April a few years ago, I checked the weather and T-storms were in the forecast.  We didn't see one drop of rain the whole week.  I wouldn't worry too much.. you'll have a great time :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    i live in Miami and our weather is very unpredictable. Generally the hotter it is outside it will  be raining somewhere. Normally the rain is around 2. peak heat time but storms are scattered here and generally in the summer they come off the land. Most pass quickly so I wouldn't be too worried. Have a great time. 
  • Options
    Step away from The Weather Channel.

Seriously.  Tropical rains last about 5-10 minutes.  They are rarely an all-day-show-stopping type of rains.

Source - lived in St Thomas for 13 years.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I have done 4 cruises and if there is bad weather there is a way for the captain to cruise around it! You will be just fine!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bridetobemobridetobemo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    Dont fret! When we went to Jamaica back in July, the forecast showed rain every single day and i was heart broken, we got there and it rained for maybe 20 minutes on 2 of the days! We went up to the bar got a drink and by the time we had finished it the rain was over!
  • Options
    You cannot control the weather.  If it rains it may stink but don't let it ruin your entire trip.  You will be on a huge freaking boat that has a crap of things for you to do.  Enjoy your trip and stop worrying about whether it will rain or not.

Oh, and I had a friend who went on her HM in Antigua last October and they had a hurricane blow through during the first two days.  They still had a great time and had a great story to tell in the end.

• Options
    I wouldn't worry :)  Tropical rains rarely last all day, especially this time of the year.  It'll pour for twenty minutes, then clear right up and be hotter and more humid than ever.

Enjoy your honeymoon!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Ditto all of pps.  Our HM forecast was rain/showers everyday for 8 days.  We had one brief rain that lasted 5 minutes and sun the rest of the time.
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_hm-weather-is-not-cooperating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:c931a5de-d34a-4f0b-9322-9848ee3ed2aePost:a519c2bf-7437-40bc-a1e4-46695b08a941">Re: HM weather is NOT cooperating!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have done 4 cruises and if there is bad weather there is a way for the captain to cruise around it! You will be just fine!!!
    Posted by SoonToBeStoll[/QUOTE]

they dont change their route to avoid rain storms, they avoid major hurricanes etc...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards