Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Secrets Resorts Preferred Club - Worth It?

My fiance and I are plotting our honeymoon and have narrowed it down to a few places. One that we are considering is Secrets Maroma Beach (apparently it's popular on The Knot!). I'm just wondering... is the preferred club really worth the extra $500 they're asking me (for six nights in May)? Has anyone stayed preferred club and non-preferred club? Basically we're paying for... a lounge and a concierge?

Re: Secrets Resorts Preferred Club - Worth It?

• Options
    I stayed at silversands and we were in the "non-preferred" rooms. Basically the only difference is in the preferred club you got liquor in your in-room mini bar, free wireless, breakfast in the lounge.....and thats really all I can think of. To me it was not worth it & the actual rooms aren't different. The hotel had a concierge that was perfectly fine. At silversands, the preferred rooms were right on the water, however it was also right next to the main pool and entertainment area. It was really loud during the day and sometimes bands played at night, so it was also it would be hard to fully relax. At Maroma the setup could be different, but I would ask first. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CleverThoughtCleverThought member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for asking! We're looking at maybe going to a Secrets resort and I'm having a hard time parting with the extra money!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• Options
    We HMed at Secrets Maroma Beach in Oct 2010 and got the preferred club.  I would save your money.  It is nice (3 computers with free internet, hot apps in the afternoons before dinner when other places are transitioning from lunch to dinner), but by all means I don't think it's worth the "upgrade" and I would save your money.

I'm really not sure if there's a difference in the actual rooms; my understanding is that the non-PC buildings are a little farther, but I don't really think it's inconvienent.
  • Options
    We stayed in the PC at SMB, and I agree with PP- save your money!  We really didn't take advantage of any of the perks, and if we were to do it again, we would save our $$$ and put it towards an excursion or something fun :)
    PersonalMilestone
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards