Honeymoon Discussions

HELP! Question about requesting rooms at AI resorts

Hi girls!

SO excited. We always wanted to go to Secrets Maroma and then we went to book it and it was 2k more expensive than it was 2 days prior!  So we booked Zoetry and then Maroma went back down so our TA with apple was able to switch it for us! 

So we will be Secrets Maroma 9/23-9/30 Preferred Club junior swim out. YAY!

Now I've done my research and I know with the preferred club, you are still closer to the beach/pool but people say if you request rooms on the north side I think it is, you get the sun all day long warming up the swimout and if you can score an end room, it is even nicer because you don't have people on both sides.

Now forgive me because I've never gone on a vaca like this before, but can I call and request certain rooms?  Will they honor that or is it just an option when you check in?

TIA!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HELP! Question about requesting rooms at AI resorts

• talk to your travel agent.  It's my understanding that when they make the reservations they can make certain requests in the booking.  If she can't help, I think it's fine to contact the hotel,, let them know you will be there for your honeymoon and that you are requesting whatever specific type of room you want.

Additionally, check into what honeymoon promos they are having now.  When we went in September we just showed them a copy of our marriage license and we got hooked up like you wouldn't believe. . . . including a certificate for a free stay on our first anniversary.  Our travel agent hooked that up for us.
  • I don't think it's hurts to ask your TA to call and put in the request; or to try yourself.

FWIW, we had a preferred club jr suite swim-out on the south side when we HMed there in Oct (2010). The first day the water was chilly but the rest of the days it was fine; we were the only ones using it (they join to several rooms); every afternoon it was like our own private pool!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_help-question-about-requesting-rooms-at-ai-resorts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:cc8a408a-4cf8-4062-a0fc-c1843df0d729Post:7c087d30-7a15-49dd-b568-c18d5d6a8e1c">Re: HELP! Question about requesting rooms at AI resorts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it's hurts to ask your TA to call and put in the request; or to try yourself. FWIW, we had a preferred club jr suite swim-out on the south side when we HMed there in Oct (2010). The first day the water was chilly but the rest of the days it was fine; we were the only ones using it (they join to several rooms); every afternoon it was like our own private pool!
    Posted by hz80408[/QUOTE]

Oh awesome!  I forget you were there in fall!  What was occupancy like? FI is so worried it is going to be super crowded!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ask your TA.

• We didn't go to Maroma and didn't have a TA, but with our resort (VIM) we went on the Facebook page and read the comments by frequent visitors. They knew exactly who to email to get the best results. We then emailed the employee they recommended, mentioning it was our honeymoon and which room we wanted. We got exactly what we wanted. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards