Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Used Hotel Points for Honeymoon - Deposit Advice Here!

Hello Everyone

I have about a 200,000+ points for each of the major brands (hilton, marriott, and holiday inn).  With Diamond Hilton status.  Hilton is my preference but I just want to actually use my hotel points. 

Did you use your hotel points for your honeymoon?  If so where did you stay and how did you like it?  Was it easy to get the dates you were looking to book?

Thanks for your advice in advance everyone!

Re: Used Hotel Points for Honeymoon - Deposit Advice Here!

• Options
    BrideCa2011BrideCa2011 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I haven't for my honeymoon but I used my Hilton Points for the Hilton Barbados for a trip and it was awesome- I am also diamond and we had access to the private room for happy hour (free) every night and breakfast- it was great because we could have a couple cocktails (do it yourself) and snack before we went out and cut down on our bar bill. 

it also covered our breakfast every morning- so that helped save money.  Barbados is a pricey island (amazing food everywhere) so this lets us spend money really one great meal daily, free breakfast, cheap lunches at like a Roti, then a couple cocktails before dinner- it worked out great!

Check out the stretcher dates for hotels too!  But this hotel in Barbados was awesome!
  • Options
    I really don't have much to offer, but my good friend had a two week honeymoon in Hawaii.  She travels a ton for work, so had MANY MANY Marriott points.  They were able to get a good handful of nights covered and exactly for the dates they wanted - there really didn't run into any restrictions.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I'd call the HHonors phone # and ask them what you can get at whatever locations you're interested in.  I'm sure they'd be able to give you more of an idea of blackout dates, packages, etc.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • Options
    FI is a diamond choice hotel member and we will probably use those points for the HM. Just go to the Hilton website and find a place you want to go and then see how many points it will cost you.

We have enough points to spend a week in Rome or three weeks somewhere in the States.
  • Options
    Not using my points, but my Mom gave us points for 3 nights at the Marriott in Rome...
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards