Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Where to honeymoon?

Did anyone have absolutely no idea where they want to go for a honeymoon?

We are getting married in August, and live in PA. We can not afford to go out of country right now, and plan to go to Mexico for our 1 year anniversary. But short of that, I have NO idea where to go. There's just so many options.

I know that I don't want to go to Disney, Canada or somewhere that I can drive to (I have plane vouchers I need to use).

Anyone have any suggestions? I need something to do, I can't sit and relax for to long without becoming bored. FI and I are not big drinkers so we don't need a 'party' atmosphere.

Re: Where to honeymoon?

• Options

What is your budget?  There a million places to go and things to do in the US but without a budget it will be hard to give you ideas.

• Options
    Some thoughts. Key west, California wine country, charleston, Grand Canyon or Yosemite. It obviously depends a bit on what you want to do
  • Options
    Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2013
    A couple of our friends went to New Orleans for their HM and loved it. Editnoticed the not big drinkers part. How about another city you haven't been to? Seattle maybe?
  • Options
    You can spend just as much money traveling in the continental US as going to Mexico for an AI!

I'd recommend... Grand Canyon/Vegas.  So much to do at the Grand Canyon that is outdoors and active.  Hoover Dam.  Vegas shows and restaurants. 

• Options
    budget?

and i'll tell you that leaving the country for mexico or other caribbean destinations will be cheaper than some of the places listed above in august.

• Options
    In Response to Re:Where to honeymoon?:[QUOTE]You can spend just as much money traveling in the continental US as going to Mexico for an AI!I'd recommend... Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]
    Agree!
    Four nights in Key West cost us 4,500 as opposed to seven nights in Cancun at an AI costing 5,500. Those prices also include airfare from Philly and excursions.
  • Options
    Vegas in August sounds awful to me -- too hot.  I'd avoid New Orleans for the same reason.

You could go classic -- Niagra Falls. 

Look into the Mohaunk House in the NY State.  Also Cape Cod or Block Island. 

Charleston might be fiun.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_where-to-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:d8c3f03b-f511-4a60-b779-cfb557246caaPost:4c9aceae-4c93-412f-9883-8311882f6e72">Re:Where to honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A couple of our friends went to New Orleans for their HM and loved it. Editnoticed the not big drinkers part. How about another city you haven't been to? Seattle maybe?
    Posted by Xstatic3333[/QUOTE]

New Orleans is so much more than drinking. I hate it when people say you have to be a party animal to go there or drink heavily.
    I am not a big drinker and my friend and I went a couple years ago and my husband and I are going back in September. There is so much to do there and the history is amazing. You can go out and have a good time and not have to get drunk or be big drinkers.

• Options
    New Orleans is great... I stay away from bourbon street and such, but there are lovely parts of New Orleans!  Also, it sounds silly, but we had so much fun on a swamp cruise, haha.

The TX hill country is great.  You can go to San antonio, New Braunfels, and other smaller towns around.  You got the riverwalk, beautiful bed and breakfasts, cultural places, theme parks, etc.

We're going to Cali.  LA and San Diego to be specific.  We love california, and there's really something there for anyone.

I feel like any of the above could fit into any budget, it just depends upon how long you plan to stay and whether you stay in fancy or more budget-friendly hotels.

SaveSave
  • Options
    New Orleans is my favorite city ever, and I'm not a big drinker.  But I also wouldn't go in August - you will roast.  Same thing goes for Charleston.  Pick some place up north.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re:Where to honeymoon?:In Response to Re:Where to honeymoon?:A couple of our friends went to New Orleans for their HM and loved it. Editnoticed the not big drinkers part. How about another city you haven't been to? Seattle maybe?Posted by Xstatic3333New Orleans is so much more than drinking. I hate it when people say you have to be a party animal to go there or drink heavily. I am not a big drinker and my friend and I went a couple years ago and my husband and I are going back in September. There is so much to do there and the history is amazing. You can go out and have a good time and not have to get drunk or benbsp;big drinkers. Posted by dazyabbey Really sorry; I haven't been there, though I really want to! I just associated it more with a party scene, and our friends who went there were more into that side of things. I really meant no offense, it looks like a beautiful city and I hope I get to visit soon! Sorry for the mobile lack of formatting as well
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards